2. Investigating The Suspects

Zayan

Wearing his black ray-bans, Zayan tapped on the steering wheeling and easily reversed his red Lamborghini into the Kiran College for Women's parking lot. There were young females eyeing his car with impressed looks...a sudden interest had started echoing in the air. Sheriff Bahadur (a partner assigned to him by the police) was sitting next to him, on the passenger seat, holding on to the seat in fear.

Peering at him from over his glasses in amusement, Zayan suppressed a smirk and finally parked his car. He was a speed junkie. He never went slow, and, apparently, his craze for thrill had turned Sheriff Bahadur completely white.

Chuckling at his partner's small heart, he got out of the car, earning subtle sighs from around, and then hung his glasses from his collar. The Kiran College for Women, one of his old colleagues used to like a girl from this college. She simply brother-zoned him and had that poor man attend her wedding.

Women.

Shaking his head, he had his partner join him outside and then began heading towards the secured entrance of the college. The weather was blazing hot, with the sunlight reflecting off his glasses. Ignoring the gazes from all corners, he showed his card at the entrance and rolled his eyes as one of the security men, insecure by all the attention he was receiving, tried to act manly and started asking him some absurd questions. A simple show of the Sheriff's badge was quick to mellow down his macho-attitude.

Soon, after being allowed inside the college, he eyed its huge gardens, in-door parking area and peered up at its old towering buildings with curiosity. This college had just turned a hundred years old. Its PG-Post Graduate block...that is where he had to go right now...that is where the office of the college's headmaster was situated.

Sherrif Bahadur looked so irritated by the huge number of fangirls Zayan had suddenly gained at this place, but Zayan was used to this behaviour. This was why he had once fallen for a woman who pretended to show no interest in him. That confusion and vainness...it had cost him so many years of his life, the reason why he never really gave his marriage a chance.

Smirking as a group of girls stood giggling nearby, he headed towards the PG block and smiled at the sight of so many females making way for him. Such delicate females...they were just so tender-hearted.

The headmaster 'Bashir Khan' had a whole waiting area for the guests. There was a reception area there, and Zayan could only roll his eyes at the sight of an elderly woman (around the age of his mother) who was sitting at the reception desk, turn cliche sweet while informing him to wait. This much attention was so annoying, sometimes.

Soon, he-only he-was allowed to go and meet Bashir Khan.

***

Bashir Khan's office had its walls covered by photo frames and old clippings of newspapers. There were files piled up upon the office sofas and a clean desk that had a small globe placed in one corner. Somehow, this scene was teasing Zayan's OCD tendencies.

Sher Khan, himself, was talking on the phone while sitting behind his desk. Upon seeing Zayan, he gestured him to sit and quickly ended the call.

"It is a pleasure to meet you," He shook Zayan's hand.

"Same." Zayan could only offer him a polite smile.

Sitting on the chair, that was placed on the other side of the desk, opposite Bashir Khan, Zayan leaned back and ruffled his hair.

"Tea?" Bashir Khan offered, picking up the phone.

"Coffee..." This was to show who was really leading this meeting.