Chapter 69

"Donya Madani. She's a refugee, yeah." Sam speaks into his phone back on the jet.

"Okay, I'm on it." Torres responds.

"Okay. Call me if you get a hit."

"Will do."

"Thanks, Torres."

"Hey" you smile, taking a seat across from Bucky on the couch after getting changed back into more comfortable clothes and re-bandaging your wound.

"Hey, had enough of the fancy outfits?" He asked, nodding to your new change of clothes.

"You know me so well Buck" he just smiled at you as he continued to wipe off his metal hand

"You know me so well Buck" he just smiled at you as he continued to wipe off his metal hand. "You okay?" You question when Sam sits down with a sigh.

"Yeah. Just thinking about all the shit Sharon had to go through. And Nagel referring to the American test subject like Isaiah wasn't even a real person. Just makes me wonder how many people have to get steamrolled to make way for this hunk of metal." He speaks.

"Well, it depends on who you ask. That hunk of metal saved a lot of lives." Bucky points out.

"Yeah, I get that. All right, maybe I made a mistake."

"You did." Bucky told him bluntly.

"James!" You scold, knowing this is a tough topic for all of you.

"Yeah. Maybe I shouldn't have put it in a museum, maybe I should have destroyed it." Sam moves past your words.

"Look, that shield represents a lotta things to a lotta people, including me. The world is upside down, and we need a new Cap, and it ain't gonna be Walker. So before you go and destroy it, I'm gonna take it from him myself." Bucky sits up properly to face Sam. His phone rings out as he answers another call from the young Air Force pilot.

"Yeah, yeah. Okay. Thanks, good work." Sam speaks into his phone again as Zemo returns with food.

"This isn't the food that didn't pass the smell test, is it?" You look up at him as he goes to take a seat after handing you all your food. He only reply's with a shrug and a smirk making you lower your plate with disgust.

"Y/n, you have to eat" Bucky reminds you sternly, you sigh as Sam speaks up again. You take this as your chance to lower the plate again without Bucky's concern.

"They found Madani, dead. She died in Riga, a city near the Baltic Sea." Sam informs you all.

"I have a place we can go. I, for one, am looking forward to coming face to face with Karli. Oeznik, we're changing the course!" Zemo called up front.

"You were right, don't eat that" Bucky chokes on his food, spitting it out into his napkin and setting it aside. You smiled proudly, handing him your plate to set aside as well. Zemo shrugged again as Sam looked to him and pushed the plate away.