Chapter 11

"No no no, don't say that! You are not going to die okay? Not on my watch. You still have a princess to save" he starts again as you look up with a heartbreaking expression. "It's me, I'm the princess, y-you need to save me" he tells you, voice shaky and cracking at the end. He watches as the beam starts to break off and you start to wobble. "Y/n I need you to save me okay?" He calls across.

"I can't-I can't" you stutter.

"Y/n, I won't let you die, I just need you to trust me and run" he tells you with a worry to his tone. "I'll catch you" he promises. With a sturdy nod as you collect yourself you take in a deep breath before running to save the princess from the dragon.

Just as you reached the railing the beam gave out beneath you and fell. You tried to grab onto the railing but missed it, falling to your doom. Your eyes were squeezed shut in fear as you felt a hand grab onto yours. Looking up you locked eyes with Bucky once again.

"I got you, don't let go" he warned, using all of his strength he had left to pull you up. As you were pulled up you both fell with weakness. You falling onto Bucky and both of you freezing for a moment. "I uh are you okay?" He questioned as you scrambled to your feet.

"Yeah but what about-" you looked over to Steve as the two of you were now leaning onto the railing.

"There's gotta be a rope or something!" Bucky calls across.

"Just go, get outta here!" The blond waves you off.

"No, not without you!" you call back reminding him of his promise that you wouldn't lose any friends today

"No, not without you!" you call back reminding him of his promise that you wouldn't lose any friends today. He moves to bend the railing out of his way and jogs back a few feet. He takes off running and jumps across the gap.

"Ow" Bucky groans, you see the super soldier had landed on him. You laugh at the mess before helping them up and escaping the base.

~~~

"Y/n, just listen to me" Bucky urged as you continued your march back to base.

"It's not gonna happen"

"Y/n it's a long walk, just sit on the tanks for a bit" Bucky argued with you.

"Buck, there are other people who need more rest than me, like you" you argue back.

"I'm fine, just please take a break"

"Will you two stop arguing?" Steve asked with a smile, happy to have his friends back even if they argue.

"Not until y/n takes a break"

"Not gonna happen soldier" you walk ahead of them with a quick salute. Bucky laughs and shakes his head at your stubbornness.

 Bucky laughs and shakes his head at your stubbornness