Chapter 07

"Steven!" Erskine begins to bang his fists on the door.

"Shut it down!" you order again, louder that time.

"Kill the reactor Mr Stark!" Erskine orders. "Turn it off! Kill it, kill the reactor!"

"No!" Steve protests from inside. "Don't! I can do this!"

"Eighty!" Howard continued. "Ninety, that's one hundred percent!" Machines in the lab started to spark everywhere as the container gained a bright glow. Suddenly with a final spark, the power shut down.

"Mr Stark!" Erskine called as the machine slowly opened to reveal the once small man who was now muscular. You gasped at the sight, rushing to help him. "Steven! Steven!" Erskine called, helping him out of the machine.

"I did it" Steve sighed happily

"I think we did it" Erskine smiled.

"You actually did it!" Howard gapes.

"How do you feel?" You question your friend, helping him to stand.

"Taller" he sighs still out of breath from the event.

"You look taller" you hand him a shirt which he instantly pulls over his head. Everyone who was watching had now joined the group in the lab, taking photos and chatting amongst each other while Steve collects himself.

Suddenly in all the excitement, the booth blows up from above us. Glass shatters everywhere and everyone drops to the ground.

"Stop him!" Erskine shouted as a man stole the last vile. He shot at the crowd of people, hitting Erskine twice in the abdomen. Steve runs to his mentor while you take action, shooting at the man but only hitting his hand as he scales the stairs to escape.

"We need to get that vile!" Peggy shouts, pulling you along with her to follow the man. In the heat of the moment Steve watched his new friend and mentor die, his last movement being to poke Steve in the chest, reminding him of his good heart.

Running out to the antiques store, Peggy bends down to the old woman and checks her pulse

Running out to the antiques store, Peggy bends down to the old woman and checks her pulse. The Agent sadly shakes her head as the woman was also killed in action.