Chapter 45

You bring the Quinn jet to a landing on the snowy terrain blow.

"Here we are!" You call out to the super soldiers as you stood from your seat, flicking a few switches. You all gear up again, grabbing any weapons you may need. The three of you stand at the top of the ramp ready to go.

"You remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve starts.

"Was that the time we used our train money to buy hot dogs?" Bucky looked to Steve with a smile.

"You two were idiots" you laugh at the memory

"You two were idiots" you laugh at the memory. "You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead." You continue.

"What was her name again?"

"Dolores. You called her Doll." Steve answered.

"She's gotta be a hundred years old right now." Bucky thought.

"So are we, pal." You pat their shoulders before leading the way. Bucky shakes his head with a smile before following you down into the snow.

"He can't have been here more than a few hours." Steve notes as you approach the open doors to the bunker.

"Long enough to wake them up." Bucky shivers at the thought. Steve leads you into the building where you enter the elevator. As he pulls it open Bucky takes the lead, gun at the ready, checking behind each wall as you advanced further. Making your way up the stairs your attention is snapped back to the elevator as it makes a noise. Steve stands in front, shield up while you and Bucky are behind him guns ready to shoot.

"You ready?" Steve asked.

"Yeah." The doors pull open to show iron man.

"You seem a little defensive

"You seem a little defensive." He notes as he walks closer casually.

"It's been a long day." Steve steps forward, you and Bucky staying in place still ready to fire your weapons.

"At ease, Soldier. I'm not currently after you" Stark nodded to you both.

"Then why are you here?"