"That time wasn't exactly a picnic."

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry. It was never personal, you were simply a means to a necessary end."

"Someone recreated the super-soldier serum, I need to find out who." Bucky informs the prisoner.

"You are assuming HYDRA has something to do with this, which is why you came to me, which means you are desperate. Luckily for you, I know where to begin." Zemo tells him.

~~~

"What are you talking about? You wanna break Zemo outta jail?"

"Where the hell are we, Buck? Have you lost your mind?" You and Sam question the super soldier back and forth as you walk through a dark place with only the light of your flashlights.

"We have no leads, no moves, nothing." Bucky explains.

"What we have is one of the most dangerous men in the world behind bars." Sam reasons.

"And we also have eight Super Soldiers that are loose."

"Zemo's gonna mess with our minds, especially yours, no offence." Sam tells Bucky as they find the light switch and pull it on.

"Offence. Super Soldiers go against everything he believes in. He is crazy, but he still has a code." Bucky said to Sam.

"I've been on the wrong side of that code, Buck and so have you. He blew up the UN, he killed King T'Chaka and framed you for it. Did you forget that? You think the Wakandans forgot about it? It's a rhetorical question, they didn't. I know why this matters to you, but it's pushing you off the deep end." You step in to talk down your friend.

"We don't know how they're gettin' the serum. We don't even know how many of them there are. Look, let me just walk you through a hypothetical. Can I walk you through a hypothetical?" Bucky asks as you look him in the eyes.

"What did you do?" You ask sternly.

"I didn't do anything." He claims, avoiding your eyes, telling you that he did something and he's not telling you. "The weakest point in any system isn't the software, the hardware, it's the meatware. The human element. Now, in this lockup, it's nine to one, prisoners to guards. And if two prisoners start fighting, then the protocol says four guards have to respond." Bucky starts to explain to you and Sam.

"So why would two prisoners randomly start fighting at that moment?"

"Who knows? There could be many reasons..." Bucky trails as you raise your eyebrows at him, knowing he set something up. "But the point is, these things escalate. Lockdown procedures would have to be initiated, and with all those bodies flying around left and right, wouldn't be hard to slip down a hallway or two." Bucky told you. "And if the fire alarm got tripped while the prisoners were being separated someone could use the chaos to their advantage." He continued.

"I don't like how casual you're bein' about this, this is unnatural. Are you—and where are we, man?" Sam starts.

"James Barnes what did you do?" You ask again, stepping towards the taller man threateningly. The sound of a door opening pulls your eyes to the side to find Zemo enter the garage. "Whoa. Whoa, whoa." You start heading towards Zemo with a look of determination in your eye. Bucky notes this and grabs you by the waist, preventing you from going any closer to him.

"No, listen." Bucky tries but you squirmed out of his grip and shoved him back a bit.

"What are you doin' here?" You point and accusing finger at the man who brainwashed your friend and tricked you all.

"I didn't wanna tell you 'cause I knew you wouldn't let this happen." Bucky steps between you and Zemo, blocking your route to the awful man.

"Of course I wouldn't let this happen! It has got to be the most stupid thing you have ever done, and that's saying a lot!" You snapped to the man before you. You turn around in frustration and run a hand over your face.

"What did you do?" Sam asked, trying to stay calm.

"We need him, guys." Bucky tells you both, causing you to rage again.

"You're going back to prison!" You shout at Zemo. "Let go of me!" You pull your arm from Bucky as he grabs it when you pointed.

"If I may" Zemo starts.

"No!" All three of you shout to him

"Apologies"

————————————————
Question of the day: did you think it was a good idea to break Zemo out of prison?

I have recently been working on updating and writing my Spider-Man imagines book so if you are a marvel fan I would highly recommend checking it out and giving me some feedback!