n i n e t e e n

*time skip -> a few weeks later*

Chae and Woo young have been consistently growing closer, they always hangout together, eat-drink together and play around.

It was Beatrice's birthday. Jinyoung wasn't interested in attending the birthday party until Chaeyoung showed interest in going with Woo young.

There was something Jinyoung won't admit but he dislikes, no, no, hates wooyoung for some reason. Maybe it was because he makes Chae happy and excited and he doesn't, or maybe because the both of them can be so touchy around each other. Jinyoung wasn't sure what is it exactly. The only thing he was sure about; he didn't want wooyoung anywhere near Chae.

That's how he ended up going to the party as well so he can get closer to Chae and keep her by his side.

But he couldn't do that because as soon as they arrived, Chae slipped away with Beatrice and Woo young and he found himself alone gulping one drink after another, his gaze never leaving Chaeyoung who seemed to be having fun without him. 

"Slow down man" Scarlet took the glass of alcohol away from Jinyoung and joined him on the table. "F- off" the black-haired boy responded, snatching his drink back and gulping it in one shot.

Scarlet followed Jinyoung's gaze and immediately grasped the situation when she saw Chae dancing with woo-young. The latter's arms were holding the other's waist while they swung with the music.

"Listen, they're just frie- "but before she could continue her sentence, Jinyoung was already up.

[a/n – so Jinyoung would vent about his inner turmoil to Scarlet, so that's why she could grasp the situation.]

He walked up to the 'dance floor' and ripped Chae out of woo young's arms. He didn't know what had gotten into him, maybe he was just too drunk.

"What's wrong with you?!" Woo young snapped but Jinyoung ignored him taking to Chae. "Let's go home."

"Why? The party isn't over yet, let's stay more, aren't you having fun?" "No, we are leaving now."

Jinyoung was stopped by woo young blocking his way, the latter clicked his tongue in annoyance, Jinyoung was being a dick. "Don't be a killjoy. If you want to leave you can but let Chae enjoy, who are you to control her anyways?"

Jinyoung pushed him, gritting his teeth. "Mind your own business!"

[A/N – perfect time to start shipping woo and Jinyoung, don't you think, cHaE? ;)]

"Stop it!" Chaeyoung hissed but the tension between the two men was too thick to be broken.

"Oh yeah? didn't your last girlfriend leave your miserable ass, I think she did the right thing, running away while she could. And now you're already looking for a new muse?" and as soon as those lines left woo Young's mouth, he got hit straight on the face and Chaeyoung gasped from both of what Woo young had said and the harsh sound of the hit.

"Says the boy who gets abused on a daily basis but is too weak to help himself." Tears were streaming down woo Young's face, as painful memories haunt his thoughts.

Beatrice wasn't happy to see her friends making a scene and ruining the fun. So, before this could escalate any further, she restrained them by standing between them. "Stop it right now!"

"Party's over, Chaeyoung, Jinyoung and Scarlet go back home! Woo young you're coming with me, we have a lot to talk about!" Beatrice shouted.

--- 

Love you Chae Chae!!! 💜💙💜💙💜💙💜