n i n e

Scarlet's POV 

I was wary of following Chae and Jinyoung into the portal but they reassured me and told me it was the only way. Slowly, I was starting to rethink my life decisions and life in general. All major moments in my life flashed in front of my eyes and I thought about what would happen if I got stuck here forever. I finally realised that we didn't come all this way just to be stuck in the middle, I had to go.

I pushed forward through the prismatic portal part of a greater altar. I was immediately met by a hostile world. Lightning strikes close to me and then again and again. I was on the verge of tears and having a breakdown. The sky roars as an eternal thunder storm dominates this realm. Any fears I had before I entered the portal were now washed away and replaced with new ones. Who knows what secrets this world holds?

As soon as these thoughts cloud my mind, lightning strikes 1 metre too close to my body. The blood pounded in my ears. My heart thudded in my chest. My hands shook. My feet tingle. My vision disfigured, as if I were looking through a fish-eye lens. I had to get away. I couldn't bear to open my eyes. I could not go back; I couldn't ruin it for everyone. My legs gave in and I fell to my knees. I tried to block out reality by covering my ears.

But then I found comfort in slender hands holding me. I wasn't thinking right and didn't stop for a second to think about who that was. I snuggled closer to the mystery person. I forgot all about my worries and fears. The person finally spoke up and...it was not Chae, I froze. I quickly pulled back. When I saw her face, it was like I had seen a ghost.

It. Was. Beatrice.

She was wearing a flowy brown dress, nipped at the waistline that accentuates her waist. She had let her lush brown hair down.

Without realizing I was kind of staring at her. In her dulcet voice, Beatrice told me her name.

I didn't know what to say so my stupid brain decided to say, "Yoooo, what's up....... I am Scarlet." Wtf is wrong with me.

"Before you continue on your merry way, I have many questions, 1st, Why were you staring at me?"

"I-uh thought the area looked interesting" Well technically, Scarlet wasn't lying about that. She really did take interest in that area. She just didn't highlight the fact that Beatrice made that area look interesting. Seriously, she had no business looking that good.

"Really? Is that so?"

"yes, why would you ever question that?"

"Alright, Alright"

Bullshit

"are they your friends?" She pointed towards Chae and Jinyoung.

"yes, yes they are." She waves at them and introduces herself. I looked back at my friends who were listening in to the conversation, Chae was wiggling her eyebrows and smirking. I mouthed a 'fuck you'.

"Ok, can I- talk to you in private?" She looked hesitant.

"Yes..." (?)

She pulls me aside. "How are you here? please tell me the truth." I know you aren't dead, please tell me." This time the roles were switched it was her turn to be nervous.

I briefed her on our situation, she kind of had the same reaction as Bella.

"Did you meet Bella? Is she still there? how is she?"

"yes, I met her. She misses you dearly, she is doing fine." "We all got here with her help."

"Can I ask you a question?" she nodded.

"how do you live here, amidst all this chaos, hate, agony and pain." She kind of chuckled.

"I have lived here for a long time now, this world takes a toll on you, you can't be all lively, high spirited and fun-loving anymore. Here no one cares who you are, where you are from, you all ended up in the same place."

"will you help us?"

"Yes, only if you trust me?" she says with a grin.

"You know what? I trust you." I hope I don't regret this. 

--- 

Love you Chae Chae!!!💙💜💙💜💙💙💜💜