Chapter 1

It was a nice sunny day, the rays that brought warmth, the birds that chirped a song in unison as the sounds of kids playing drowned it out. Laughing and playing throughout the crowded busy streets. Deeper into the center, the laughter turned into light conversations, bartering, trading of all sorts happened in the center of town. It was the annual convention of trade within the town of Stars. A small town in the outskirts of the major lands and powers of the world. A place where everyone gathered despite differences just for the simple task of achieving better wealth in a world ran by it.

Through the crowd, there was a carriage with wares, vegetables, and produce of all kinds, stocked into barrels that were tightly secured. Pulled by two beautiful horses, the man at the seat was a young blonde man, with an old beige discolored robe and a flimsy common rice hat, it was longer than usual which prevented people from even seeing past his mouth, but he held a calm smile. After all, it was payday for this young man. Paying salute to the merchants as they waved at him brought him a weird sense of pride, he was known around these parts as a man who always came on time, and made them a lot of coin with his wares. He knew these merchants that required his services gauged the prices of his crop a lot higher, but he didn't pay any mind. After all, he wasn't blessed with the tongue to haggle prices and negotiate their price. He knew the bare minimum and just followed the simple laws of demand.

"Naruto boy!" shouted a familiar merchant, with a smile as bright as any eager rich man, the sight of the large rice hat brought many merchants happiness.

"Hey," Naruto simply replied as he saluted him with the tip of his hat "I have this month's haul, better than the last honestly."

The merchant quickly made space as Naruto halted his horses with a swift pull to their reins.

"Good girls," he complimented the pair as he rubbed their bellies with a soft pat. He took the reins and hitched them to the post and huffed out a huge puff of air.

Here we go

"Naruto boy! You weren't lying! These are a fine crop!"

"Yes, indeed, let's talk money now."

~

"Hinata! You have to accept this proposal!"

"No! No! You didn't even bother telling me!"

She had grown tired of this, she understood her father, she did, but not in the case without consulting things behind her back. She knew the dire situation they were both in, she understood he just meant well, but not in this form.

Hinata, her father's pride, beautiful both inside and out, a young girl at the brink of becoming a young adult, she had beautiful indigo strands that made other peers envy for such hair, she had the brightest most beautiful features that made people think that she was born an heiress from a distant clan, but she was no such thing she grew up in poverty, she understood the means to go hungry, she understood she had to help provide for her father and herself, she understood her destined fate.

However, Hinata wasn't having that, she wasn't just gonna be another nameless person left to rot because she wasn't born into wealth and nobility.

"Hinata! Please!" her old man broke down into tears which made her stop in her tracks, she looked at him as his eyes filled with tears began to fall which also made her cry.

"It's your mother's last dying wish, that you have a good life, I'm sorry" he sobbed as he tried his best to maintain himself.

She shook her head and disagreed, "Thank you father, but I don't wish for that, I'll never be happy that way. I must find my way" she replied with determination in her tear-filled eyes. She tried her hardest to not let the tears fall. She would remain strong in her decision, so she turned away from him and grabbed the nearest basket.

Champion | A NaruHina Story | जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें