Chapter Fifty Seven

Start from the beginning

Before answering Zhang, Nakai cleared his throat, regaining a more serious expression as he said.

"It's funny that even in this state, he only has eyes for you."

Unfortunately for Zhang, he couldn't see the funny side of this, and he tightened his hands on the wheel, before saying.

"Luka wasn't like this when he was drunk, he practically avoided me then. Now he can't get enough of me?"

Nakai knew Zhang was young, but he felt the young man could be incredibly dense at the worst of times, and he quietly reached over Luka to flick the side of Zhang's head. Although the flick wasn't hard to Nakai's standards, a dull thud resonated off of Zhang's skull, causing him to yelp in pain. Before Zhang could start complaining, Nakai leaned back in his seat comfortably while explaining in a dull tone.

"You deserved that; he ignored you because you embarrassed him while also breaking his heart, then you make up and say that you like him but have things to deal with, therefore giving him hope. His drunk-like stupor only magnified his feelings... I wonder what would happen if we did the same to you."

Zhang was rendered speechless thanks to Nakai, and he couldn't help but peek over to see what the Giant was doing now. Nakai looked to be in deep contemplation, as if he was actually trying to imagine what Zhang would be like when drunk. Because Zhang didn't want the conversation to carry on, he decided to focus on the long drive ahead.

. . . . . . . .

After another ten hours of driving, Zhang pulled into another petrol station to fill the tank up. While doing so, he checked the map and found they would make it to the safehouse by mid afternoon. Although the end was near, Zhang's eyes were incredibly bloodshot and sore, while his body was surviving off of coffee and petrol station sandwiches. Luckily Nakai was staying up with him as well, since Zhang knew he would have fallen asleep at the wheel. Once Zhang was back behind the wheel, he told Nakai about the last leg of the trip while heading out onto the main road. Just like Zhang, Nakai was feeling incredibly sleep deprived, but he didn't want to allow any time for sleeping since it would mean more time away from Wang Bao. They also didn't know when the people in the back of the truck would wake up, and it would be easier to deal with them once they reached their destination, rather than in the middle of nowhere.

Without stopping for petrol again, Zhang continued to drive until he saw a worn down wooden sign signalling a rest stop and hiking trail. Zhang slowly turned onto the road that would lead them to the rest stop, at the same time he told Nakai.

"We're not far now. Once we drive to the end of this road, we have to travel by foot through the woods. We need to walk for an hour on the trail, then four off of the trail. When we park, I think it would be best if you informed our passengers of the plan though, since I look like a drug addicted weirdo right now."

Nakai chuckled lightly at Zhang's words, but he didn't deny that Zhang was looking the worst he had ever looked. His eyes had been red for a long time, but now his hair was a greasy mess, and there was a stale smell of sweat coming off of him. It wasn't like Nakai was looking any better though, the only thing keeping Nakai looking presentable was his lack of hair and non-red eyes. Out of everyone, Luka was the cleanest out of the three thanks to him sleeping for almost twenty four hours. As if perfectly timed, as soon as Zhang pulled into the parking lot at the rest stop, Luka groaned quietly under Nakai's arm before slowly sitting up. Instead of greeting Luka, both Nakai and Zhang watched to see if he had returned back to normal, or if he would start groping Zhang again.

Luka was completely unaware to this, as he smacked his lips hungrily and rubbed his eyes. Without taking any notice of the odd looks he was being given, Luka smiled happily to himself before saying.