Rohan

Previously:
"Nice to meet you too, Shadowfax," Percy said suddenly, causing Gandalf to turn around in surprise. "No, don't you-ugh." Percy dropped his head into his hands.

"Percy?"

"Annabeth, we've got another Blackjack," Percy grumbled, his hands muffling his voice a little.

Annabeth laughed.

Hey everyone! This is the first official chapter I have written for this story since I have been back from my mission. Any others were all written before I left so I had some going while I was gone.

Let's get to it, shall we?

Their ride to Rohan was short, though with all the chatting Percy was doing with Shadowfax and the other horses Éomer had given them, it felt like an eternity. At the moment, they were talking about different types of grass-of all things!

"Percy, try not to talk to the horses too much while we're here," Annabeth whispered in his ear as they rode through the gate. She sat behind Percy on a soft, grey horse that Éomer had lent them. "We don't want to draw too much attention."

She didn't see it but she could almost perfectly imagine his pout. His lower lip would come out a little and somehow his eyes would get bigger. "Fine."

Silence met the small group as they continued to the main building where the king of Rohan was. The people of Rohan watched suspiciously as the Fellowship passed. The people were almost just as worn down as the town itself; a town that had come upon many hardships for many generations.

"You'll find more cheer in a graveyard," Gimli remarked from behind Legolas.

"Or even in the shadow lands," Boromir added from the back of his own horse. Somehow he'd gotten to have one to himself and it definitely didn't make Annabeth jealous...she'd gotten tired of hearing how sugar cubes and the dark, long green grass was the best kind of food ever.

Parting Percy from the horses was easier than keeping Blackjack from a box of donuts sitting in his stall.

"Percy, come on," Annabeth said, tugging on his arm. "You'll see them again, I promise."

As they ascended the stairs to the hall where they were to meet the king, he complained about how she had interrupted a story about the travels Shadowfax had around Middle Earth. At the top they were met by a host of guards.

"Ah," Gandalf said happily. He recognized the man, it appears.

"I cannot allow you before Théoden-King so armed, Gandalf Greyhame. By order of-" here, he looked almost pained "-Gríma Wormtongue."

Reluctantly, when Gandalf nodded, Annabeth handed over her dagger from the elves, drakon sword, and bow. She was loathe to relinquish them and let Percy give his up, but the fact that Riptide was still in it's pen form and in his pocket gave her some reassurance.

All weapons passed over, Gandalf looked at the guard expectantly but he eyed the wizard suspiciously. "Your staff?"

"Hmm?" Gandalf glances at his white staff in realization. "Oh. You would not part an old man from his walking stick?" Annabeth rolled her eyes as he winked at Aragon. Said ranger smiled wryly but kept a solemn face.