Losing hope

Three weeks. It's been a whole month since I saw Peter. I've been with Clint the whole time. His kids came back last week and Clint told them to leave me be, so I wouldn't get annoyed.

I'm glad he did that. I've never been good with young people. They're probably scared of me, from screaming at night most nights.

The nightmares have been worse, since Peter was taken. Every night, around the same time, I wake Clint up with my screams and he stays with me until I fall back asleep.

Bucky has come by and kept me updated. They are close on the anti avengers trail, but can't figure out their moves before they make them. Every time he comes he promises me he will get Peter back, I'm starting to lose faith in him.

While I sit in the kitchen, I eat the sandwich Laura made for me. I can tell she's upset that I've been here this long, not because I'm there, but because Peter is still lost.

"You have to trust the avengers. They've never let someone down, especially when they care about that person." Laura says while drinking tea.

"I can't help but be scared. It's been a month Laura. A whole month and they haven't found him." I say and stop eating. "What if they're too late?"

"Don't say that." Laura says. "I know they will find him and bring him back."

"I hope so." I say and leave the kitchen.

I walk outside and sit on the porch, like I have been the last few days and stare off into the sky. Everyday I hope I see a jet coming to get me, but everyday it doesn't happen.

Out of the corner of my eye I see something in the air. When I look over, I see a jet. I stand up really fast and run to the yard. I watch as the jet lands and the door opens slowly.

When I look inside I see Bucky, Nat, Steve and Tony. I look around the jet and don't see anyone else. My eyes find Bucky's and tears form.

"Where is he?" I whisper and Bucky looks down. I look at Nat and she looks upset.

Then, I look at Steve and Tony who look disappointed.

"No." I say and they all look at me. "He's not gone."

"He's still alive, we think." Steve says and I look at him.

"What do you mean you think?" I say and back away.

By this time, Clint and Laura are outside with us and Clint puts his hand on my shoulder.

"We got footage from the people that took him." Steve says and I follow him into the jet.

Steve presses some buttons and a video pops up on the screen. Peter has his mask on, but no other part of his suit, he's beaten and cut up and bloody. The sight of him like that makes me sick.

"We have decided that this man has no worth to us anymore. This man, this hero, isn't even a man. He's just a boy." Someone says behind the camera then pulls the mask off Peter.

His nose is swollen and his eyes are black. I put my hand over my mouth and hold back screaming at the sight of his face so broken.

"To the avengers, I know you're watching, we will give you your Spider-Man back, in exchange for a sum of money and a full pardon from the government." The person says and Peter's head moves up, looking right into the camera.

He looks behind the camera and looks down. Without any warning he takes a deep breath.

"Were in the warehouse behind the..."

The video cuts off and the screen turns black. My eyes grow wide and I look at Steve.

"Bring him back." I say and look at Steve and Tony. "Bring him back!" I shout.

Bucky comes up behind me and I lean into his chest as he hugs me. I can't even begin to describe the pain of seeing someone I care about that hurt.

"That's the only footage we have from them. It was last night." Steve says.

I look at Tony, while staying in Bucky's arms.

"Tony where is he?" I whisper and Tony looks at me with red eyes.

"I'm gonna find him. I'll give them any amount of money they want." Tony says and nods his head at me.

I cry into Bucky's chest and I feel Nat's hand on my shoulder. To me, it felt like hours with tears coming down my cheeks. Bucky pulls me away and looks at me. He wipes my face with his hand.

"We will bring him back." Bucky says and I look at him. "I will get him back."

I don't remember much else, other than the jet taking off and leaving me again. I ran inside and to the guest room I was staying in and fell onto the bed.

There was a knock on the door and I stayed quiet. I heard the door open.

"Hey kiddo. Tony had a doctor sent here to take a long at your arm." Clint says and I sit up and look at him.

"Okay. Can you stay with me while he's here please?" I ask and Clint nods.

He walks away for a moment then comes back with the doctor. He's the same one from last time and is a little hesitant to come near me at force.

"I'm Dr. Hodges. Do you remember me?" The doctor says and I nod. "Good. Let's get that cast off and take a look."

I nod and he starts to work on my arm. Clint sits next to me and we sit in silence the whole time. When the doctor gets the cast off, my arm looks gross.

"It's normal for your arm to look like this after being in the cast." Dr. Hodges says. "It looks much better. I'll put you in a brace for the next two weeks and after that it should be back to normal."

"Thank you." I say and he smiles up at me.

The doctor finished up and Clint walks him out. Normally, I'd be happy to have the cast off, but even though it's nice having my arm back, I can't help but lay back down in bed and cry because Peter is still gone.