Epilogue

June. 16th, 2014

So school was now officially over for us. Now we had to look forward to university! Tom and I were so excited to go Princeton together, and our parents were super supportive. We were having the Hartfords over for a celebratory dinner days later, and I couldn't be happier, we're all over the moon.

"Courtney, can you get the casserole out of the oven?" my mom asked.

"Sure I got it," I replied. Yes, Amelia was no longer referred to Amelia in this story; she was now Mom.

"Steaks are almost ready," Tom called from outside.

"We're coming!" Harriet said and brought the salad outside. Sally was also outside setting up the table, with help from Tom of course.

"What's for dessert?" I asked, about to peak into the fridge.

"Don't you dare young lady, you'll find out after the main course," mom replied.

"Yes ma'am." I replied, putting my hands up in defense. All of the sudden, the doorbell rang.

"I got it," I said and headed for the door. The doorbell rang again, than I opened it. I expected it to be the mailman, or one of my friends, or Ashlyn dropping in for her famous surprise visits, but no,

It was my dad.

"Dad..." I couldn’t believe he was here, the entire shock fact that he was here was unbelievable.

"Hi honey," he said.

"What-what're you doing here?" I asked.

"I just dropped by to say hello. You know, I imagined Amelia opening up the door," he said.

"Oh, yeah sure, I'll just go get her," I said and shut the door.

Amelia

Courtney came back in and tapped my shoulder.

"It's for you," she said.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's for you," was all she said. Courtney did understand that 'it's for you' wasn't a real answer? Nonetheless, I went to the door and opened it.

Charlie stood there.

"Hi," I said.

"Hi Amelia," he muttered.

"What're you doing here?" I asked.

"I-I came to say I'm sorry. I was a real jerk for what I did to you," he said, tears were welling up in his eyes.