Chapter 17

Courtney

 I was walking down the school hall when books were shoved into my arms, since they were forced into my arms I was caught off guard and ended up dropping them. Madison walked past without a glance.

"Hey, hey!" I ran after her.

"Oh hey city trash, listen I need this homework done by tomorrow, super important if I want to get an A and graduate," she said.

"You actually expect me to do your homework?" I asked.

"Well yeah, since you came into the picture Glen Morrison is second on the Honor Roll list," she replied.

"I am not doing you're homework!" I exclaimed.

"Do bad city trash, around here you run by my rules," she replied and turned away.

"And what'll happen if I don't do your homework?" I asked. Madison stopped and walked back to me.

"You disobey me, I make your life hell around here. Capicé?" she asked,

"Alright look, I get it. You're pissed off with the fact that I'm dating the guy you had an in-your-head relationship with. Here's what I have to say to you: get over it," I said.

"I don't want to get over it! You stole my man! Girls who steal my man usually don't live to see their next birthday!" she shouted.

"You know you walk through these halls, thinking you're all that with your cheerleader uniform and your money and all that crap. But when I look at you I see a girl who's just as unhappy, just as insecure, just as problematic like me or any other person in the building. You use your looks and your wealth to hide the real you. Maybe if you took off the ego and the flash, maybe even take your hair out of that ponytail, Tom would've loved you. You two could share a dance at your senior prom or even, take each other's virginity,"

"What makes you think I'm a virgin?" she asked me.

"Never mind. The point is that maybe tomorrow you should come to school in regular clothes and change into that uniform after school," I said and turned the other way.

"Oh and by the way...you dropped your books," I added.

Tom

Carson came bouncing towards me with two envelopes in his hand.

"Hey what's going on?" I asked as I zipped my bag closed.

"Kate Saunders is having a party on Saturday," he said.

"Kate Saunders, as in hot red head Kate Saunders?" I asked.

"Yep that's her. She's throwing a pool party this week, and it'll be a hard-core party. She's got sweets." he whispered the last part. By treats Carson meant drugs. None of you know this about Carson but he's a smoker, yeah he's seventeen and smokes weed. How do you like them apples?