"Alright, Madison as much as I love talking to you, I have to go. I got to talk to Ms. Houlster about our English assignment," he said as an excuse.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow," she said with a flirtatious smile. I wanted to laugh in her face; she was trying too hard. Even Ashlyn would never pull anything like that. Tom left the other way towards the school doors; he walked right past me, and I just blended into the crowd. Madison caught my eye.

"Eavesdrop much?" she asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about?" I said, completely clueless. She stomped up to me.

"Listen you little wench, you can befriend him and you can work with him. But, just because you're from the big city doesn't mean you can just come in here and start stealing my boyfriend!" she said.

"Alright A: I'm not trying to steal him. And B: you're not even going out with him. He has no interest whatsoever in you,” I replied.

"So he likes to hide his feelings for me publicly, that's not a crime," she protested.

"Well, as entertaining as it is listening to you talk about some in-your-head relationship with a guy who cringes every time you even show up, I got to go. I have stuff to do called homework. You should try it, instead of making people's lives miserable," I replied.

"You know, I think I should start calling you City Trash, because you have a very dirty mouth towards me. I wouldn't suggest standing up to me again unless you'd like public humiliation," she told me.

"Ooh, so scary." I mocked and walked away.

"That's right City Trash! Keep walking!" she shouted.

"Whatever you say Queen Split-Ends!" I shouted back. Yes, she does have split ends; sometimes it's fun making fun of the popular people.

-

Tom brought me to the top of a hill.

"So this is your idea of giving me a proper childhood?" I asked.

"All kids like rolling down hills, haven't you ever?" he asked.

"No, and this is stupid," I replied.

"Come on, you can't judge it before you try it. I'll go first." he said and lay down, than he rolled down the hill. When he got to the bottom, his t-shirt and jeans were covered in grass. His converse had bits of dirt staining the white finishings, turning them into a beige color.

"I picked the wrong day to wear a black shirt!" I called down the hill.

"Come on Court, it's fun, I promise. Just lay down and roll!" he called back. I sighed and lay down on the grass. Looking down at the specks of dirt, I saw a ladybug crawling by with its ruby red and licorice black shell shining in the bright sunrays. I huffed and started rolling down the hill. My vision blurred and all I saw was a mesh of brown and green. After ten seconds, everything stopped moving. I landed next to Tom.