𝐂𝐡. 𝟏𝟕

"I've been staring at my screen more often lately,"

"Not even surprised"

"Ouch"

"[Name], I'm so sorry.. "

"Higuchi-san?"

"There are many things I haven't told you about yourself, your parents, and me. But if I don't do this, those things will forever be a secret. That's why, please forgive me"

"What are you saying? Stop joking around! What is that?! Why is it attacking us? Tell me Higuchi.. Why?"

"You should be free, seeing the outside world, to the place where you belong. I believe, you'll get to see that better than what I see"

"Stop talking nonsense! We should get an extinguisher right there! Why aren't you moving? PLEASE, GO!!"

"This isn't something you can finish in a normal way. That's why this is a farewell. Come to him after you leave. He'll tell everything I can't tell you"

"What are you doing? Don't.. I SAID DON'T GO!! HIGUCHI!!"

"It's goodbye, [Name]— Ah, silly me.. It's nice to meet you. I'm sorry for your parents, thank you"

◈◈◈

On the usual night, the cold wind breezed as always, brought along a few dry leaves with it, together, flying freely in the air without any care. Colorful lights dimming from the city building, lighten up the place from night's darkness.

At the same time, a place has become a source of light, with a fiery bright red flame flaring on a certain place, with a fire truck placed on the side of the street. Many people were standing aside on the road, looking at the burned house with pity and sympathy.

Whisper and murmurs started to spread among the adults with bright red light reflected on their front body.

A few people with a red and bright yellow uniform started to enter the house as soon as the fire died out, with a few things they brought along just in case someone was trapped inside there. Although with the fire range, there's a doubt that someone is still surviving those horrible 'accident' deep inside their hearts.

On the first floor, they didn't find anything aside from the ashen and burnt furniture, and blackened walls. And so, they moved to a different part of the house to find anything they could use as a report. Whether it's a fire cause, suspicious things, or the possible fire survivor they can save.

But when they arrive at the room on the end of the corridor— on the upper floor, what they find truly shocking them.

Nothing.