𝟎𝟒- 𝐀𝐧 𝐎𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐀 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞, 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞

- 𝐼𝑓 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒, 𝑖 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 -

[Name] stands in front of an old hospital building. If a normal human were in her position, they would be pissing their pants off. This hospital was abandoned a few years ago because of a massive murder one of patient did. Twenty one people were killed while eleven people were badly damaged. Five of the killer's victims are doctors that worked there. Enough with her thought, she began heading towards the closed gate and opened it.

She flicked her finger and 'Screen' covering her surroundings. After checking the situation, she takes out her weapons and goes inside. She began to release her aura and senses if there were any curses nearby. Even without her sensor ability, she can sense the immense cursed aura around the building. Heck, even no normal humans are willing to come anywhere near there. She senses five cursed spirits nearby, two cursed spirits in the corridor and the rest inside a room on her right side.

She chose to exorcised the curse beside her first, then the other two. She took out one of her cursed weapons. It's two small knives with thread connected to them. The curses itself aren't that strong, maybe around third and second grade, so just two small knives should be enough for her.

She began to run while carrying both of the knives in her right hand. She opened the door-more like break in-with a loud 'bang'. Nobody lives near there, it shouldn't be a problem creating that noise. After entering the room, all the curses turn their attention towards the [brunette, blonde, etc]. She throws one of the knives to one of the curse's head then pulls it with thread connected to the knife. The curse screamed in pain before vanishing, leaving a pile of ashes.

Two other curses started attacking her. She began to lower her stance, her right leg stretched forward, then bent her left leg backward. She placed both knives in both of her hands, then held them in front of her face. The one that's about to scratch her with it's sharp nails slashed when she swings her knife horizontally.

She ducked when the other curse was about to grab her head. She pulled back her other knife then jumped and stabbed it into the curse's head. Flipping backwards and squinting, she let it vanish into dust. She stood up and began leaving that room. "Three down, two left." she mumbled.

She began heading towards the direction where the other two curses were. Same with the curses before, these curses aren't that strong compared with [Name]. As expected, it's killed in no time. Then she looked for a stairs that heading towards the upper floor... The 3rd floor. She found an old-looking stairs leading up to the 2nd floor near the bathroom. She placed back her knives then climbed upstairs.

She turned off her flashlight so as not to attract attention to the curse up there. Her mind wandered back to the time when she accepted their orders. "Your next order is to exorcised a curse in an old hospital building. It's a high-grade cursed spirit, we believe you can handle it, can't you?". "Yes, understood". "Good, we'll inform you the location. You're the only one that's tasked in this mission. Do you accept it?". "Yes, I accepted it".

"Those higher-ups, they really want to do that, thinking I can be their puppet. Ah, how wrong they are... Can't wait to see their defeated expression soon" she smirks with her thought. She arrived on the third floor then placed back her knives. "Let's get it over with"

After searching the whole floor, she found a source where all of this came from. It's a two and half meter curse with multiple hands all over its body. She scrunched her nose in disgust "Ew, this 'big'?! They really are serious about it". She snapped out his state and reached for her katana and sheathe it out, emitting a dark red aura as she started activating her cursed technique. The curse snapped its head after she began the sacred spell.

It crawled its way towards her while all of the hands on its body reached out her way. "... to purify the darkness around us..." still spelling it, she made her way into the curse then tried to slash its hand. As expected of high-grade cursed spirits, it's not an easy task to exorcised it. Well, not for [Name]. ".. For that, forgive me for what I'm about to do. May your soul rest in peace." a wave of crimson aura flowing from her, creating a violent wind around them.

She takes her stance, then darts towards the curse. It crossed its hand to prevent her from striking its vital point, the chest. Sadly, the effort came to nothing. As soon as her blade touched its hands, it disintegrated then sliced off. It let out a loud painful scream, then all hands on its body tried to sweep her away. She jumped off before those hands could touch her.

"It's useless" she stated. She looked straight at the curse's agony. Her gaze was cold and sharp. She brought her katana in front of her face, "Once you touch this blade, you won't be able to regenerate yourself. Of course, you are weak that's why you won't be able to do it" she mocked. She lower herself and began to strike both of it's legs, made it's balance wobbled before falling on it's back.

"I'll end your misery, may your soul rest in peace". With that, she strike towards it's chest. A few seconds before she can strike it's chest, time slowed down. A figure with dark attire appearing between them, [Name]'s eyes widen for a second. The figure held a smirk while asking, "Will you end my misery too?". [Name]'s expression completely unreadable. Parting her lips, she responded "No".

That figure held their stomach while laughing "Ahahaha... Why not?". Their laughter eventually died down. They smirked and slowly faded into lights, "I'll see you soon, [Name]-san". Time went back and without doubt, she thrust her katana against it's chest. She standing above the curse's slowly disintegrating body while gripping her katana. She still has that monotone face, but this time, it has a dark hint inside them.

She pluck her katana off curse's body, then leave that curse there before its body completely disintegrated. She sheathed back her katana then started leaving the old building away. The 'Screen' completely disappeared after she left.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-• § •_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

After reporting her mission, she started heading towards her dorms room. Opening the door, she laid back on her bed without bothered change her clothes. Her thoughts back to the figure back then. "I'll see you soon, [Name]-san". She placed her forearms over her eyes. "You have to be kidding me"

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-• § •_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

011521