Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

Dale's eyes opened and he looked at the clock. 11:32 PM. He had no clue when he fell asleep. He ran his fingers through his hair and looked down at Eleanor.

She was snuggled underneath his left arm and she was adorable. He caressed her soft cheek and a smile grew on her face. "Princess," He whispered.

Eleanor hummed lightly showing that she was listening even though her eyes were closed.

"It's real late, sweetheart. I can still take you home if you'd like," Dale wanted her to stay with him, but if she wanted to go home he would take her.

Even though her parents would accuse him of something outrageous.

Eleanor shook her head and reached up and touched his face. She loved his facial hair. "I am home,"

"Yes, you are, princess." Dale could've punched the air. It was a little thing, but by God, it was huge to him. "I will always love you," He kissed her head.

-

Two months went by and Eleanor hadn't found time to tell her parents about moving to Beverly Hills. It honestly slipped her mind. She had been spending all of her time with Dale, including her birthday two weeks ago when Dale took her sailing, her parents were very upset that she hadn't spent the day with them.

Dale wasn't pushing her to tell them for two reasons. One, he was busy, and two, he didn't want Eleanor to deal with them.

"Oh, God no." Eleanor gasped nervously. She was so stupid.

Dale looked at her and wrapped his arm around her waist. "What's wrong, princess?" She was rarely nervous or antsy so he was cautious.

Eleanor mushed her face on Dale's shoulder and sighed deeply. "I forgot to tell my parents," She said sadly. They were going to explode. They would've exploded had she remembered to tell them when they got back from Beverly Hills, but now they were going to be worse.

"What did you forget?" Dale asked and took her hands. He kissed them.

Eleanor blushed. "I forgot to tell my parents about us moving," She explained with a small smile. Dale really knew how to make a girl forget her troubles.

"Oh," He answered. "We can tell them today," He suggested and she groaned.

She didn't want to deal with this today. Or tomorrow. Or even the next day. "I guess we can. I want to get it over with," She mumbled.

"Let's go," Dale said and stood up off the couch. He offered Eleanor his hand, which she gladly took. "Don't worry, princess. If they start getting out of hand, you'll just come home with me." He didn't want her to be with those lunatics.

Eleanor hugged him quickly and they walked out of his house and to his car.

When they pulled up in front of Eleanor's house, Dale parked the car and held Eleanor's hand. His sweet woman needed peace.

"Exodus 14:14, The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace," Dale said firmly filling up the silence of the car.

Eleanor's brows furrowed in confusion.

"God is with us right now, Eleanor. Even if your parents act foolishly, God is still with us and He will fight for you. The verse means that God will fight our every battle and He just wants us to rest assured in that truth. He wants us to live in peace, princess." Dale explained and kissed her cheek.

Eleanor's eyes filled with tears at Dale's truthful words. She just wished that everything would be okay and her parent's behavior was only a bad dream.

Dale wiped her tears away with his thumb and kissed her forehead. "We're in this together, sweetheart." He reminded her and got out of the car. He walked to the passenger side and opened her door.