ten

now

now

"Sorella" Vincenzo snapped Esme out of her thoughts. "Yes" she muttered, looking at him with tired eyes, the lack of sleep evident in them.

"We were asking whether you were okay" he asked, slightly concerned. "I'm fine," she mumbled, standing up.

Stumbling towards the stairs, Esme held the railing, shutting her eyes as the sudden pain in her abdomen hit her.

"Fuck" she whispered, feeling her shirt soaking through. "Esme," stood up Eliseo, wide eyes. The blood drained from her face as realization hit her.

"Fuck life" she whispered, as her eyes slowly shut. Immediately Arsen caught her before she could hit the ground.

"Someone explain what the fuck is happening" Silvano demanded, entering the living room with three familiar faces.

Earlier

Esme laid on her bed as her phone dinged receiving a message from an unknown number.

Jumping off the bed she immediately got dressed. "Fuck" She continuously muttered, pacing around the room. "Fucking shit" she grumbled, grabbing her weapons as she snuck out of the window.

Getting on her bike, she drove to the warehouse. She parked her bike in a deserted area running towards the entrance of the warehouse.

Entering inside she looked around, frowning. "He can't be alive" she muttered

Her curiosity grew as she observed the familiar area. Shaking her head in disbelief she walked up the stairs.

"I thought this hideout would be gone along with your ass" she spoke, opening the metal door of the interrogation room.

The disgusting stench of sweat made Esme scrunch up her nose. "Still the same I see" she mumbled, closing the door, walking straight towards the office.

Esme observed the large familiar office as soon as she walked through the door. The couch was ripped and papers were scattered across the ground. Esme walked front, glancing at the glass window to see a figure behind her.

The person pulled out a knife, making Esme let out a sigh. Why do I have to deal with this type of shit?

Esme immediately turned around, grabbing the person by the arm, twisting it in the process. Hearing a satisfying crack, Esme smirked as she watched the person groan in pain.

"So let's see who you are, love" Esme whispered, reaching her hand out as the guy tackled her, running towards the glass window.

A loud shattering noise echoed around the warehouse and a loud thud of two collapsing bodies. "Fuck" Esme groaned, trying to recover from the fall.

His hand reached out for the broken glass as he stabbed Esme in her abdomen, making her let out a groan. Before Esme could do anything he immediately took out the glass as blood soaked through Esme's clothes.

A lot more than it previously did

Esme kicked him on the nose, making him stumble back. Esme stood up a bit too fast, making her dizzy.

Trying to get rid of the blurriness Esme found herself being tackled once again. "I swear-" she started, making the guy smirk.

"Once you try to kill someone make sure they're dead" with a chuckle, he wrapped his hands around her neck, cutting off her air of supply.

Esme reached her hand out, trying to get ahold of the glass shard. Her finger tips touch the cold glass, making her shiver.

Gripping it tightly, she pierced the glass into his neck. His hand loosened as Esme pushed him off, coughing.

She laid on the floor, staring at his dead body and a pool of blood surrounding him. Esme stood up, reaching her hand out revealing the face of the unknown guy.

++

"Fuck" Esme muttered, glancing at her injury. "I fucked up bad" she grunted, adding pressure to the wound, making her let out a hiss. She stitched up her wound. Debating whether to call Nadia, who is a doctor that worked for the russian mafia for years.

Entering the shower she watched as the blood washed off her body, down the drain. Washing her body carefully Esme soon grabbed a towel drying herself.

Taking a bandage she wrapped her waist, flinching slightly.

Laying on her bed Esme rested her eyes welcoming another dreamless sleep.

☆彡