Part 8

Kumo and I are back to back.

"Ready?" I ask lowly, knowing we only practiced this formation once before. He blinks looking at me before blinking again and looking at the opponent.

"Hai." And with those words we both run toward the foreign shinobi. I quickly dodge my opponents' water attack as I pull back my fist. Before my fist can reach him, Kumo appears next to me, confusing the shinobis.

We both do rapid hand signs.

"Fire Style: Dripping Flame Flowers!" We yell as he spits out the oil; I blow fire to ignite it. The dancing flames reach our opponents, only for them to spit water on our attack in an attempt to counter it.  

Our smirks grow.

They yell as they are hit with hidden kunai. The kunai, that 'missed' their targets, come back and wrap around the two, tying them up. 

I smirk, feeling super proud of us. Kumo's a puppeteer and chakra expert. Our little jujitsu was just a distraction for the real attack.

Like honestly, it's a super low rank justu for genin learning to combine attacks. But! It's good for a disguise since we are only genin. It's what to be expected of us.

"You were a little slow back there," Kumo rolls his eyes. I roll my eyes right back.

"Whatever. Go catch up with the others and continue on with the mission. I'll meet up with the team later," I leave no room for questioning. 

"Yea, yea," He jumps into the trees and disappears. I look at the two restrained nin before smirking evilly to scare them. 

Kumo's P.O.V

I reach the others quickly.

"Wheres Mina-" Princess Layla starts, but she's interrupted by two male screams. I grimace as the murderous screams echo through the forest.

"I don't even want to know what she's doing to them." Koi mutters, shivering. I nodd in agreement. 

"She said to continue," I yawn with a stretch. "but I'm already getting lazy."

Koi barks out a laugh, "Okaii! But we should run before their reinforces arrive. They'll be here in-" She pauses to take a sniff in the air, "30 minutes." 

I nod and lower my chakra. Koi and I play rock, paper, scissors to see who will cary the princess. After a quick best of three, I loose.

With a sigh, I pick up Princess Layla. Now I see why Shikamaru call women troublesome. -_-

Minako's P.O.V 

After getting the information I need, I run back to the village with the two males on my back. Damn... They're heavy as fu- Frick. There are children reading this book. 

The fight had taken place, roughly 8.6 miles away from the gates. This means the fight happened about 10 miles from the Old Man's office. 

It took me 10 minutes to finally arrive. My arms are shaky and my forehead is glossed with sweat from the effort of carrying the two men. They feel heavier than Choji!! "Old Man," I grunt as I enter through the window as always.

"Wh-What are you doing here? Aren't you on a mission?" 

I throw the logs off my back and roll my shoulders, finally free. 

"Hai, but we were attacked," I start my report. "There were no casualties, and there were 3 enemy ninjas. One was killed by sensei as he tried to attack Koi and Princess Layla. Kumo and I tied up these two. I interrogated them and found out they were chunin ranked and that they, and many others, are after Princess Layla. This has turned into an 'A' ranked mission and we are prepared to take it. The others are carrying out the mission as we speak."

"How long ago were you attacked?" 

I look at the clock. "About 20 or 25 minutes ago. After the battle ended, it took me 5 minutes to get the information I needed and another ten to get here. The battle sight is 8.6 miles away from the Eastern gate if you want to have someone check it out for anymore clues I have missed."

"Tell me all you know. When you get back I want a report from everyone."

"Hai. I found out that they are close range water Ninjustu users. They also suck at detecting traps. They're working for a lady whose name is Ruka. Her husband was killed by Princess Layla. She has a Jonin/ANBU ranked ninja after them next. He should arrive in about 4 hours to eliminate the princess." I list off on my fingers before a smirk appears on my face. "Oh and Ibiki shouldn't eavesdrop, he isn't good at it." I grin and jump out the window to help my teammates.

~~~

Sorry it was short. Edited 2018

Next chapter will be Character Info.