"Boyfriend," Chris completes her introduction, noticing her struggle. "I'm Chris -- her boyfriend."

Steph stares at him with a raised brow and he nods at her.

"Boyfriend, huh? You're on a date then." Adaeze wiggles her eyebrows at Steph and she blushes.

"Yes, are you guys on a date too?" Chris asks with curiousity.

Adaeze chuckles and replies for both of them. "No, it's not like that. We're just friends."

"Yeah," Nathan agrees with a smile but Chris can see right through it.

"I'm so happy for you, Steph." Adaeze gushes. "And at the same time jealous."

"Why?" Chris is the one to ask.

"I'm a single pringle and only God knows how long I'll be single for."

"I'm sure the right guy will have the courage to ask you out soon." Chris comments, his gaze on Nathan as he does.

"Whatever you say." Adaeze chuckles. "Hey, wanna hang out sometime? You could invite Brooke also. It'd be fun."

"Sure, that'd be great. I'm in."

Adaeze grins. They exchange phone numbers before Ada announces their departure.

"I'm afraid we have to go now. We were heading out when I saw you and decided to say hi."

"Oh, okay. No problem. We'll talk later. I'll text you," Steph replies.

"I'll be waiting. It was nice meeting you, Chris."

"You too, Ada."

"Bye," Adaeze said as they begin to skate away. Steph gives Nathan a little wave and they watch them go.

"He likes her," Chris tells Steph.

She turns to face him with a raised questioning eyebrow. "How do you know?"

"He's a guy like me so I can tell," Chris replies.

"Oh, really?"

"Yes."

"They would make a really cute couple." Steph gushes and Chris rolls his eyes.

Then there's this awkward silence as they both remember their conversation before the interruption.

"So..." She drawls, dragging it a little longer than necessary.

"I believe we were onto something before the interruption," Chris says in a fake British accent.

Steph begins to laugh and Chris finds himself laughing too.
"On a more serious note though, where were we?"

"Oh," Steph feels like all the confidence she had before has disappeared. "Uhm... I asked you to be my boyfriend."

"And have I answered your question?" Chris asks monotonously, trying his best to hide how excited he is.

"Yes... And no."

"Hmm. I think I'll need some time to think about it," Chris says with fake seriousness.

Steph chuckles. "To think about what?"

"You know, I need to know exactly how I'm feeling. How exactly I feel about you before giving you an answer." Chris smirks.

"Now I know you're just messing with me. I asked you if you still like me a moment ago; you said and I quote, 'Yes, very much.'"

"I can't recall saying that," Chris lies.

A scowl appears on Steph's face. "You're impossible."

Chris grins. "And you're adorable." He touches both her cheeks softly. "I can't believe I get to be your boyfriend."