Ch. 5 I am-I am a Witch?

Vernon took Harriet to the stuffed animal section at the Gift shop to choose what she wanted to take home. Vernon gently puts Harriet down, and the young female child begins to roam the aisle. 

Vernon stood back as he worriedly stared at Harriet. He noticed his niece's hands getting shaky whenever her hands briefly touched the stuffed animals. 

' That snake seemed to have wanted to get close to Harriet. Is it because the animal senses her Magic?' Vernon asked himself, looking and sounding curious and concerned. 

Vernon looks away from Harriet as he turns his gaze to Petunia, standing behind Dudley and Piers, looking at the puzzles. 

" Uncle Vernon," Harriet softly calls out to Vernon, causing him to look at the young female child. 

" I think I am cursed," Harriet softly speaks to Vernon, and she shyly looks at him from the corner of her doe-like green-blue eyes. 

" Why do you say that?" Vernon softly asked Harriet as he walks up to her, and he gently placed his hand on one of her shoulders. 

Harriet grabs a stuffed Elephant, and she hugs it close to her. She then turns to look at Vernon in the eyes. 

" I heard-I heard the snake speak to me," Harriet whispers to Vernon. 

Vernon stays quiet when he hears Harriet telling him that the snake spoke to her. 

" Not only that. That big kid who fell in the snake's home. He pushed me, and I hurt my knee because of it. I got-I got so mad that the big kid fell inside the snake's home, and the snake escaped," Harriet nervously tells Vernon. 

Vernon knew right away that Harriet's Magic has finally awakened. He didn't know what to say to Harriet since he only knows so little about Magic. He then glanced at Petunia, and he has decided that his wife needs to tell their niece about her Magical heritage before something horrible happens to the young female child. 

" You are not cursed, Harriet," Vernon reassured Harriet while looking at his niece in the eyes. 

" Really?" Harriet asked, looking and sounding hopeful. 

" Yes," Vernon nods his head in response. 

" Do you want to take that Elephant home with you?" Vernon asked, changing the subject while pointing at the Stuffed Elephant. 

Harriet looks down at the Stuffed Elephant, and she slowly nods her head in response. 

" Okay," Vernon held his hand out to Harriet, who takes it, and the two then join Petunia and the boys at the cashier. 

" Hari! Are you okay? The snake didn't hurt you, right?" Dudley asked, looking and sounding concerned when he sees Harriet with Vernon. 

" I'm okay," Harriet softly responded, and she then gives her Stuffed Elephant to Vernon since he will buy it for her. 

" Kids. Could you wait for us outside, please?" Vernon turns his gaze to the three children. 

Petunia glanced at Vernon, and she then sees the children walk out of the gift shop, and they went to admire the nearby flamingos. 

" Cash or Card?" The employee kindly asked Vernon while taking the Stuffed Elephant and scanning it after scanning the boys' puzzle boxes. 

" Card," Vernon pulls out his credit card from his wallet, and he gives it to the employee. 

The employee slides the card, and they give it back to Vernon. 

" Here you go," The employee then gives the bag with the toys inside to Petunia, who kindly takes it.