Ch. 8 Are you two ready to go to Diagon Alley?

Tom walked through the door of Harriet's bedroom, and he disappears to give his friend some privacy. He then walks down the stairs to the living room. 

Before he enters the living room, Tom always stands on the stairs to admire all of Harriet's family pictures. His blue eyes saddened, wishing he grew up with a loving Muggle family that will still love him despite being a Wizard. He is at least glad his friend grew up in a caring environment instead of a horrible one like he had. 

Tom then enters the living room, and he sees Harriet's maternal Aunt, thirty-three-year-old Petunia Dursley, in the kitchen making breakfast. He silently stared at Petunia's back since, like always, he pictures the older adult female as his deceased mother, Merope Riddle nee Gaunt. 

Tom has always wonder how his life would have been like if his biological mother did not die giving birth to him. He wonders if his relationship with his mother would have similar to Harriet and Petunia. 

Footsteps running down the stairs grabbed Tom and Petunia's attention, and they turned to see Harriet entering the living room. Tom's blue eyes blinked when he sees what Harriet is wearing.

Harriet's doe-like green-blue eyes blinked when she sees that Tom is staring at her

" What do you think, Tommy? Is this outfit okay to wear for my first time at Diagon Alley?" Harriet softly asked Tom, sounding a bit nervous since she was unsure what to wear on her first time at the Wizarding World. 

" Your clothing suits you. Yellow is indeed your color. The clothing at the Wizarding world, you could say, is old school. But, I do remember that many first-years to seven-years, especially Muggle-borns and Half-Bloods, wear Muggle-like clothing," Tom kindly tells Harriet. 

Harriet beamed, looking and feeling glad to hear that Tom likes what she is wearing and that many Muggle-borns and Half-Bloods wear Muggle-like clothing. 

" Morning, Auntie Tuney," Harriet calls out, and she fondly smiled when she sees Petunia looking at her after putting two plates of food and glasses of orange juice at the dining table. 

" Morning, Sweet Heart. Morning, Tommy," Petunia kindly greets Harriet and Tom despite not being able to see or hear him. 

" Good morning, Mrs. Dursley," Tom formally greets Petunia. 

" Tommy says Good Morning," Harriet translates for Tom to Petunia. 

" Well. Breakfast is ready, so I suggest you eat before the food gets cold," Petunia fondly smiled at Harriet, and the older adult female then sits down. 

Harriet and Tom walked towards the dining table, and the two kids then sat down next to each other. Tom sat there as he silently watched Harriet and Petunia eat their breakfast. 

" Harriet. Inform your Aunt about our plans for today. We need to make sure she is not busy so that she can take us to Diagon Alley," Tom softly speaks to Harriet. 

" Ah!" Harriet nods her head in response, and she then lifts her head to stare at Petunia. 

" Aunt Tuney!" Harriet calls out, grabbing Petunia's attention. 

" Yes?" Petunia responded. 

" Um. Are you busy today?" Harriet kindly asked Petunia while looking at her with a hopeful gaze. 

" Not quite. But I do plan to go to London and get some groceries," Petunia informs Harriet. 

" Perfect!" Harriet and Tom spoke in unison. 

" Why?" Petunia asked when she sees a familiar sparkle of mischief in Harriet's doe-like green-blue eyes. 

Harriet turns her gaze to Tom, which Petunia noticed. 

" Tommy and I thought it would be a good idea to go to Diagon Alley to speak to some Goblins-," Harriet speaks. 

"At Gringotts Wizarding Bank," Tom helps Harriet. 

"-At Gringotts Wizarding Bank so that they can take Tommy's soul out of me and into a physical body of some sorts," Harriet kindly asked Petunia. 

Petunia stared at Harriet with a mixture of emotions—concerned, confused, and wonder. 

" Are these Goblins able to do that?" Petunia glanced at the empty chair next to Harriet. 

" If you treat the Goblins with respect and speak similar to them, they will help you with whatever you desire," Tom responds to Petunia. 

" Yes. Only if you treat the Goblins kindly and speak the same language as theirs, the Goblins will help us," Harriet translated. 

" But, how will I know where to go? I have never been to Diagon Alley," Petunia tells Harriet and Tom, sounding and looking concerned. 

" Diagon Alley is at Charing Cross Road in London," Tom tells Harriet. 

" It's at Charing Cross Road in London, Auntie Tuney," Harriet informs Petunia. 

" Ah! Good to know it's in London. Yeah, I can take you two. But, am I even allowed to enter a Magical place like Diagon Alley?" Petunia asked Harriet and Tom. 

Harriet turns her gaze to Tom. 

" Even though Your Aunt is a Muggle, she is a legal guardian of a Magical Child, which means she is allowed to enter the Wizarding world with only with that said child," Tom reassured Harriet since he could tell she looked worried. 

Harriet smiled, looking and feeling relieved since she is a Magical child. She looks away from Tom, and she turns her gaze to Petunia. 

" Since I am a Magical Child and you are my legal guardian, you can take me to Diagon Alley and be in the Wizarding World, but you have to say close to me, okay," Harriet stared intently at Petunia. 

" Of course!" Petunia nods her head in response. 

" Let's finish eating, and then I will take you both to Diagon Alley," Petunia reassured Harriet and Tom, and the two females continued to eat their breakfast. 

Thirty minutes later, Harriet and Petunia finished eating their breakfast. Harriet then goes to the bathroom to brush her teeth and do her business. Meanwhile, Petunia goes to the kitchen to wash the dirty dishes and then joins Harriet in the bathroom to brush her teeth.

Tom patiently waited for the two girls in the living room to finish their business. He soon relaxed when he sees both girls entering the living room from upstairs. 

" Are you two ready to go to Diagon Alley?" Petunia asked Harriet and Tom. 

" Yes!" Harriet and Tom spoke in unison while nodding their heads. 

" Alright, let's get going," Petunia grabs her purse, and she unlocks the door and opens it. 

Harriet and Tom run out of the house and towards the car. Tom went through the back passenger door, and he sits down at the back while Harriet opens the side passenger door, and she sits down at the front with Petunia. 

Harriet puts on the seat belt, and she then glanced at Tom, seeing her friend looking out the window. She could tell that Tom is looking nervous and anxious since he and even her do not know if the Goblins will even help them out. 

" You two make yourself comfortable since the drive to London is at least two to three hours," Petunia informs Harriet and Tom as she turns on the car, and she begins to drive.