Ch. 1 The Preface

It is a silent night on Saturday, October 31, 1981, at Godric's Hollow, West Country, England.

A twenty-one-year-old male with unruly black hair and Hazel (brownish-green) eyes hidden behind a pair of circular glasses name James Fleamont Potter is lovingly holding a one-year-old baby girl in his arms in the living room of Potter's Cottage. The infant is Harriet Lily Potter, and she is the beloved and adorable daughter of James and his wife, twenty-one-year-old auburn red hair and bright green eyes Lily Jasmine Potter nee Evans.

James fondly and sadly stared at Harriet. Tears welled up in his Hazel eyes as he recalls the night he found out that his beloved and adorable daughter is a part of a prophecy.

"The one with the power to defeat the Dark Lord approaches. This Wizarding Savior is born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies. And the Dark Lord will mark that child as his equal, but this child will have power the Dark Lord knows not. And either must die at the hand of the other, for neither can live while the other survives," One-hundred-year-old Headmaster Albus Dumbledore calmly explains to James and Lily.

Their friends, Alice and Frank Longbottom, were also present since the two couples were expecting their first child during that time frame.

"James," Lily softly calls out while standing by the doorframe of the kitchen.

James turns his head back, seeing his beloved and beautiful wife, Lily, sadly and worriedly staring at him.

"Everything is going to be alright, Lily. Our daughter will have a normal and loving childhood after this. I know Peter will never reveal our whereabouts-," James stopped talking when he hears a ringing bell-like sound in the back of his mind.

"James?" Lily frowns when she sees James staring at her in disbelief.

"I-I cannot believe it," James mouths out while protectively holding Harriet.

Lily worriedly walks up to James, and she stares at him with a concerned gaze.

"What's wrong, James?" Lily softly asked James.

Tears fell from James' Hazel eyes as he stares at Lily in disbelief and anger.

"It's Peter," James whispers.

Lily lightly bites her lips, looking and feeling scared when she hears Peter's name.

"Peter. That-That rat ratted us out!" James cries out to Lily.

Harriet wakes up from her slumber, and her green-blue eyes blinked when she sees James crying.

"Dada?" Harriet calls out to James as tears welled up in her green-blue eyes since she didn't like seeing her father in tears since she loved seeing him with goofy faces.

Lily, horrifying, gasped when she hears James telling her that Peter betrayed their family.

Soon a loud popping sound gets heard outside of Potter's Cottage. James turns around, carefully walking towards the window, and pulls the curtain a bit to the side. His Hazel eyes widened when he sees a black hooded figure standing outside of his home.

James pulls the curtain back, and he stepped away from the window as he turns to face Lily, seeing his beloved and beautiful wife in tears.

James looks down at Harriet, and he holds his beloved and adorable daughter close to him. He sadly hides his face against her soft reddish-bronze hair.

" I am so sorry, Harriet," James begins to cry while mumbling an apology to Harriet.

Harriet begins to cry since she does not know what is going on, and she is scared.