Ch. 3 Ready to go to the Zoo?

" Morning, Aunt Tuney! The food smells delicious," Harriet happily greets Petunia while sitting down in front of Vernon, who is reading the morning newspaper. 

" Morning, Sweetheart. I made a traditional English breakfast," Petunia enters the dining room, and she carefully placed the plate of food in front of Harriet. 

" Looks delicious, Aunt Tuney! Thank you for the food," Harriet happily clapped her hands, and she then takes the fork and she begins to eat her breakfast. 

Vernon lifts his head from the newspaper, and he amusingly chuckles when he sees Harriet eating her food rather quickly. 

" Calm down, Sweetheart. You have enough time to eat your breakfast," Vernon sets the newspaper aside, and he then grabs an empty cup and pours orange juice in it, and he then gives it to Harriet. 

Harriet swallows her food, and she then takes the orange juice from Vernon's grasp and takes a sip of it. 

" Sorry, Uncle Vernon! I am so excited since we will be taking Dudley to the Zoo," Harriet excitedly tells Vernon. 

Vernon fondly smiled at Harriet, and he then sees Petunia put a plate of food in front of him. 

" Thanks, Pet," Vernon widely smiled at Petunia, and he then grabs a fork as he begins to eat his breakfast. 

" You welcome, Honey," Petunia affecionately ruffled Vernon's wavy black hair. 

Harriet's green-blue eyes softened as she watched Petunia and Vernon look at one another with a loving gaze. She was only five when she found out that Petunia and Vernon are her biological maternal Aunt and Uncle and not her parents. 

Harriet remembered someone from her class telling her that she does not look like Dudley at all, and they even commented that she and Dudley's parents do not share any physicality with her. 

On that day, Harriet cried, causing Dudley to start a fight by punching the student in the face for making Harriet sad. Because of that incident, Dudley got in trouble, and the teacher called Petunia and Vernon to discuss what happened. 

Not wanting Dudley to get in trouble, Harriet confessed to Petunia and Vernon that someone from their class told her that she doesn't look like them nor looks like Dudley. 

When they got home, Petunia and Vernon confessed the truth to Harriet. At first, they didn't know how to explain it to Harriet. The couple then agreed to tell her that her biological parents—Petunia's younger sister, Lily, and her husband, James, were killed by a psycho. She then survived thanks to one of her paternal Uncles saving her. 

Even though Harriet got bummed that Petunia and Vernon weren't her biological parents, she is grateful that they took her in and raised her. Despite the couple being her biological maternal Aunt and Uncle, she will always see them as her Mum and Dad. 

" Dudley! Your breakfast is going to get cold!" Petunia calls out, bringing Harriet back to reality. 

" Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I was trying to zip up my pants. I think my pants don't fit me anymore," Dudley mumbled, sounding disappointed as he runs down the stairs. 

Harriet turns her head back, and she fondly smiled when she sees Dudley. 

" Son, you are finally growing up and getting taller. I think it is time to buy you new clothes," Vernon amusingly chuckled as he fondly watched Dudley sit down next to Harriet. 

Harriet adorably pouted since she has also noticed that Dudley is getting a bit taller than her. She remembered the Doctor telling her on her physical that she is 5'0" while Dudley is 5'2."