"By sometimes you mean practically all the time, right?", I said amused.

"Oh my Lord, ya'll are impossible!", Chloe exclaimed as she turned on her heel and head towards the back counter. Jayla and I fell in a fit of giggles. "Oh how you talk Melissa! You're just as bad as me! YOU told me earlier today that your knight in shining armor Bucky found your purse stuck in between your couch's cushions!", Chloe retorted.

"Alright, alright you are right. But it still fun to tease you.", I laughed.

"But ya love us anyways, don't you?", Jayla asked innocently.

"You know I do. That's why I put up with you.", Chloe said, much calmer than she was a few seconds ago. "Oh, thank you Jesus. I've finally found it!", Chloe shouted.

"Okay, since we're all ready, shall we be off?", I said in with my chin up.

"Yes, I think we shall be off on this great adventure.", Chloe said mocking my choice of words. She looped her arms around both Jayla and I's arms and we happily skipped out the cafe. Chloe released our arms when we reached her car. She pulled out her keys and unlocked the vehicle. We all sat in the front seat, since it could fit 3 people. Chloe started her car and slowly drove out of the parking lot. She looked both ways before turning onto the street. We were on our way to a gorgeous beach day!

Bucky's pov

I was very surprised when Melissa invited us to go to the beach when we've only just met. But I was still thankful nonetheless. Steve and I told our boss that we were taking the rest of the day off and headed off to our apartment complex. Which was actually across the street from us.

Steve grabbed a bag, "Here.", he said as he threw it at me, "Catch.". I caught it easily and smirked. Steve smiled back though and went into his room to grab some swim trunks. I went into my room and grabbed some light blue swim trunks with black stripes on the sides. I grabbed a fitting white t-shirt.

Steve exited his room with some beach towels, sunscreen, his inhaler, sunglasses, his bright yellow swim trunks, and a matching yellow t-shirt.

"You're prepared.", I said, amused. Steve was very punctual, always prepared, except when it came to getting into fights in alleyways and defending someone. For what Steve lacked in almost everything physically, he more than made up for mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Steve had the biggest heart and you could always count on him if you needed him. 

That's why we're best friends, I don't think that if Steve wasn't who he was that I would've even be his friend, let alone his best friend. That is sad to say, but I am an honest man, so I will tell the raw truth. Even if I don't like it.

I walked over and put my stuff in the bag and then Steve did the same. We grabbed some snacks and a pack of ice cold cokes and put them in a small portable cooler. We put the snacks in a separate bag.

We double checked to make sure that you have anything, and then headed out the door. We probably were 30 minutes behind Melissa and friends. I wonder if one of her friends will take an interest in Steve. He needs someone who will love for who is. People always just look over Steve. It's like he is invisible. I really hope that someone soon will see Steve will love him for who he is.

I was dragged from my thoughts when Steve asked, "Are you going to get out of la la land long enough to get into the cab?".

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry, I was lost in my thoughts.", I apologized.