{15} BTS - Kim Namjoon - Science ~ Request 🌺⭐

2128 words

~ Somewhat fluff but mostly normal ~

* TAGS: science, smartstuff, experimenting

This oneshot has been requested by hellodisisme 😚 The topic I got was: something with science.
I love that you basically gave me the reigns in this one! I really didn't know what to write, but the fact that it just had to do with science and I didn't have to follow a specific request idea gave me more options, which was nice. Hope you like the outcome :).

The summary I got was: 'can you make a Kim Namjoon fluff oneshot? And can it be science-themed? Maybe something about two scientists. Surprise me.'

"Do you think that will work?"

"Why wouldn't it work?"

"Because we never succeeded before."

"Well, today's different."

You sighed, reaching up and pushing a lock of hair behind your ear. "Joon, we've been over this project a thousand times already. When are you going to give up?" You asked the man as you trotted after him.

He had been determined to finish what he started since the very first day your senior had given you the opportunity to test your theories. You couldn't count the amount of times you got back to your dorm and found him at the small desk, hunched over paperwork with his messy hair and glasses perched on top op his nose. To say you weren't curious as well would be a lie, but it had been well over a year already. You were starting to lose faith.

"I'm not." He replied, briefly glancing at you over his shoulder. A smile was adorning his features. "I'm confident it will work today."

You sighed. "You said that last week too."

"But today I'm serious."

You decided to let it go for now. What was the harm in going over the process once more anyway? It wasn't like you had something else planned today either, so you silently tagged along towards the Science and Chemistry wing of the university you both studied at.

You had been a bit worried, going to university and leaving everything behind for a full six years, but it turned out to be the best decision you had ever made. You really lucked out with your roommate, too. Though he was a bit messy at times, and snored a little on occasions, Namjoon was quite the perfect guy to room with.

"Alright," Namjoon said as you stepped through the big glass doors and pulled a lab coat off the racks. "Will you get the syringes ready?"

You nodded and followed his movements, tying your hair back in a low ponytail as well as you walked over to the cabinets on the wall. You got out the stuff you needed and filled the syringes with the right dose of the liquids. Namjoon was putting on gloves and walking towards the glass box on the side, reaching inside and gathering the colorful blob you had been working with for the past year in his hands.