Chapter Forty Four

Start from the beginning

"I think it would be best if we look for Kang's wolves first. Nakai is strong and smart; if he finds himself in trouble, more than likely he will have a solution on how to get out of it."

Wang Bao didn't like the idea but he couldn't argue against Alo since he was right. For the second part of the plan, Alo suddenly looked towards Mika and Luka but hesitated, as if he didn't really want to continue. Zhang looked between the mink brothers and Alo, connecting the dots before disagreeing strongly by saying in a firm voice.

"It's too dangerous for them to be involved like that, Alo."

Both Mika and Luka wanted to help in whatever way they could, and they looked at each other before Mika spoke up, determination in his voice when he asked Alo.

"What is it you want us to do?"

. . . . . . .

Nakai was conscious but his entire body was paralysed thanks to the injection. From the sofa, five guards surrounded his limp body while they tried to drag him through the back door in the study beside a large bookshelf. Nakai could see their faces instantly turn red from his size and weight, making him very happy. Slowly the five guards were able to drag Nakai on the ground across the room, but when they got to the door everything became trickier. The guards grunted and huffed loudly while trying to force Nakai's large body into a C shape, wanting to curve him around the bookshelf and doorway in order to get him into the laboratory. The struggle the guards were facing reminded Nakai of the palace; Wang Bao had ordered his guards to transfer him from the dungeons to his bedroom and they had struggled just as much with the task. Had Nakai's face not been frozen in place, he would have been laughing loudly the whole way.

When the guards were finally able to manoeuvre Nakai into the laboratory, more guards were waiting to help lift him onto a large metal table. Nakai cast his eyes around the large circular room and figured this was the same place their medicine was made. There were three scientists inside the room already, and they walked from counter to counter, carrying various containers and glass bottles while wearing white lab coats and safety glasses. On the left side of the table the guards were struggling to get Nakai onto, there was a large glass panel that looked over the other laboratory that was one level lower. Nakai couldn't see much because he was still on the ground, but he could see large screens with different vitals and information on. None of the scientists paid him any attention, as if this was a normal occurrence for them. When Nakai was on top of the table, he could already feel the cold sensation running through his body begin to dull; he thought to himself that Mana's scientists could learn a thing or two from the palace doctor since it took his body a few days to be able to move his toes.

After almost ten minutes of struggling, the guards were finally able to get Nakai onto the table and five of the nine guards left the room. Nakai heard the beeping of key cards being swiped at both exits, and he knew he would need to get a hold of one himself if he was going to escape. At the head of the table, Mana watched over his still body with a dark gaze while a short olive skinned scientist walked over; Nakai moved his eyes along with her movements and saw she was pulling a metal trolley that was holding two thick needles used for drawing blood. Nakai could already feel the blood circulating in his arms and legs, leaving only his torso paralysed but he wasn't scared about the forced draining of his blood. Instead he watched intently while the scientist stuck the needle through his tanned skin, her movements neither quick or slow but very precise. As soon as one IV bag was set up, the scientist walked around to the other side of Nakai and did the same thing. Mana watched closely before stepping away to talk with one of the guards.

The scientist also walked away, letting Nakai's blood empty into the large IV bags. Nakai listened carefully to the contents of Mana's conversation with the guards, and he heard Wang Bao's name being mentioned. Hearing that Wang Bao was being accused of killing the medical intern caused Nakai's heart to jump but he wasn't able to hear much more since Mana and the rest of the guards quickly left.