••storm•• [continued]

Try playing the music video while reading, I did while writing tee hee <3

Blaise paces the length of the room, as Denim recounts the whole story. He conveniently switches out attacking, kidnapping and drugging me for convincing me to join him for a chat.

When I snort at his words, Blaise levels me with a glare so sharp I spend the rest of the explanation as silent as a feather in the wind.

I watch as she processes Denim's word, resisting the urge to wrap my arms around her.

She asks countless questions, many of which I didn't know the answer to. I can't help but look at her, she's so goddamn smart. I wonder if she feels the same pain as me. I wonder if she regrets meeting me. I wonder on and on.

After two hours of Denim and Blaise talking, they're finally silent. I glance at the clock, it's 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

Blaise stops pacing as she makes eye contact with me.

I look at her as a million emotions come to my face, pouring out of a place so deep inside me I didn't know it existed. I study her face, a mirror of mine. There's happiness from our time together, the excitement from our first date, delirium from our first kiss, peace from our hugs, and worst of all, there's love.

I realize something as we look into each other's eyes. Love isn't dramatic, it doesn't make you crazy. It makes you better, it heals. And only time can heal the damage love does. The damage love does. It isn't perfect, it isn't meant to be. It's human, it breathes, it falls, it feels. I see it all now, I was in love with Blaise. I am in love with her but now, it's time to kill that love. If it lasts, it'll only do more damage.

We freeze.

I get up, as she moves closer to me at an impossible speed, meeting me halfway. She grabs my face, roughly, and connects our lips.

It's indescribable. It's nothing like our first kiss, it isn't soft and rough. It's filled with passion and need, and goodbyes.

That's when my heart breaks, and it hits me.

I taste it on her lips, all the shattered dreams. We're never going to prom together, never going to go to college together, never going to graduate together, never going to get married, never going to get old together. We're never going to have fights, sleeping on the couch, the countless troubles, we're never going to face it all together. We'll be on opposite ends of the country, caught up in our own problems.

Salt from our tears starts to meet our entwined lips as we pull away.

I touch her face, softly. Taking in every inch of her so I never forget.

Denim clears his throat, making us step away from each other instinctively.

"Thank god y'all stopped, I thought you were going to start making babies," Denim jokes weakly. I see his eyes watering a little.