••blaise••

Rage

Rage. That's what I feel as I rush to the headmaster's office.

I am having the shittiest day in the history of shitty days. Let's see, first, I forgot to do my part for the partner poison project. Then I managed to trip over a tree stump falling into a muddy puddle on campus, ruining my brand new white uniform blazer and plaid red skirt.

Next, I was publically called to the headmaster's office, in front of the entire school. Not to mention, that I ran into the one person I desperately wanted to avoid. Storm. And then he had the nerve, to apologize. The announcement had drawn enough attention.

Reaching the headmaster's office, my curious hands knock on the door.

Ixtab opens the door and barely glances at me, her expression giving me no clues as to what this is about. She leads me in and to the seat in front of the headmaster.

Moriens crosses his arms, studying me. I know he used to be Corporis but the way he studies me made me think otherwise. A chill goes through me.

I look around the office. I have only been here once before. Three months ago, Father himself had brought me. I rarely saw him and I wish I could say that I wanted to. He's a brooding man, strong and powerful and I guess that's necessary when you were considered the "King of Villains".

The only problem is, he didn't know how to turn off that attitude of distrust and strength. It was probably the reason, Mother had left. The reason Denim, my brother's not here. 

I flinch and press my lips together. I miss him. Denim is the only one who understood everything about me. My lack of friends. My need to be away from guns and knives. My interest in secrets and information. He understood, but that didn't stop him from leaving at the first chance he got. I couldn't even blame him.

Moriens clears his throat.

I shift my eyes from the magnet contraption on his desk to his eyes.

"You're a very smart girl, Miss Blaise. I trust you know that, given your entrance exam scores," he says. His eyes boring into mine.

I smile and nod politely. My entrance exams. Now there's another subject I hated. I had received a 98% the same as Storm Marelle. Only, I didn't want anyone to know. The less attention I draw to myself, the better. The school would be hell for me if it got out that I am Alexander Enrique's daughter. All of Papa's infinitely many enemies' spawns would be out for me.

Not that I couldn't handle them, it'd just be inconvenient.

"Well, we, the school administration have a proposition for you. You do something for us, we'll do something for you. You can, of course, refuse but once you know the task, you must complete it," Moriens says.

A bark of laughter leaves my mouth in shock. I immediately school my expressions back into a blank.

My answer is no. At least, it should be no but, I can't help but wonder what "the school administration", is offering. Moriens is not a stupid man.

I look at him, searching his face for any hints but, the headmaster has a poker face.

"What's in it for me?" I ask.

"A favor. From the school administration. Now since I already have a deal with your father to keep it on the low that you are his daughter and your phenomenal exam scores. You could ask for anything. Protection if word of your identity gets out. A favor that's valid for long after you graduate this school," he says, his words calculated and rehearsed.

I nod. It's a huge deal, a favor from the most well-known Villain school. I could potentially ask for anything. That's a fail-proof backup plan, at least during my time at this school, one that I need.

"Can you tell me anything at all about the task? Is it legal?" I ask. My head is a mess. I want that favor but he wouldn't offer that for something simple. Then again, school is getting boring. 

"Yes, of course. It's legal and possible but other than that I need you to agree," he says

Without giving myself a chance to back out and be reasonable, I say, "What's the task?"

Moriens smiles a slow smile before saying, "Glad you're on board, Ms. Enrique. Before I tell you, I need verbal confirmation that you will not be telling anyone about what I tell you right now. It is of utmost importance that you keep this a secret."

"Yes, of course," I say. It isn't like I have someone to tell.

He nods. "We have information from a trusted source that there is a Hero at this school. A direct descendant of a Hero," he says, his voice barely above a whisper.

I cover my momentarily shocked expression with a nonchalant once, convincing people that I am dumb is one of my specialties. This is supposed to be the safest school in Villains. For a Hero to be here, they'd have to be disowned by their family just to get into the city. Alone. Weak. Prey, not predator. "So," I say. "I presume you want me to find out who it is?"

I look down at my bare nails.

Moriens nods. "Exactly."

"Consider it done. How much time do I have?" I ask, arrogance seeping into my tone.

Oh, this would be fun. I'm not the type of girl who backs down from a challenge. There were only 600 students at this school. And, two truths, one lie has always been my favorite game.

"One month," Moriens says.

With a slight nod, I pull myself out of my chair. There is a new confidence in my step, as I walk towards the door.

It is game time. 

Dee:

Whassupppp? I updatedddd. Yas go me. Lmao anyway, hope you liked that chapter. An intro to Blaise, while moving the plot forward a bit. Am I going too fast, too slow? What do you guys think?

Also was the ending too rushed or weird? Sorry, I'm like tryna show you badass Blaise and regular Blaise. 

No prologue. 

Literally zero romancin in this chapter but eh I wanted to move the plot forward. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK- I'M DRIVING MYSELF CRAZY OVER HERE LOL. 

*basic editing done 4/30/2021