••storm••

I should've kissed her

I should've kissed her. I miss home.

I shake the thoughts from my head as I sit in class.

I should've kissed her. I miss home.

I slam my hand on the desk. Immediately, I regret it.

Every pair of eyes in the room turn to me.

"Do you have a problem with poisons, Mr. Marelle?" the professor at the front of the classroom asks coldly. He's a young man, with long brown hair.

"No, professor. I was just leaving," I say. Grabbing my bag from behind my desk, I jump out of my chair and zip out the door.

Now what?

I need to go out. I head back to the dorm quickly.

Reaching it, I change my clothes into a comfortable hoodie and a pair of joggers. Grabbing my keys, wallet, and backpack with two pairs of clothes, toiletries, food, and water. I make my way to the door.

Sweeping the room with my eyes, I turn off the lights.

Camping. I'm going camping.

What about Blaise?

I need to get my thoughts in order. I'll be back in three days.

At least, leave her a note.

Fine.

I go back to my room and scribble a note onto a piece of paper.

Locking my dorm room behind me, I make my way to Blaise's dorm which is halfway across the castle. Finally reaching it, I prepare to slip the note under her door but before I can the door opens, and out comes a surprised Blaise. I look into her eyes. Her beautiful brown eyes, I could drown myself in them.

"Storm-"

I silence her by wrapping my arms around her waist and smashing my lips onto hers. At first, she's still and I regret it. But then she's kissing me back. Our lips moving in sync as I devour her soft mouth with mine. She lets out a gasp, giving me a boost of confidence as I press harder, pulling her hips against mine. She meets me with the same eagerness.

Her fingertips are around my neck and the next thing I know I have her against the wall outside her dorm. She opens her mouth wider and her hands slip into my hair and a groan frees itself from my mouth. She grins, the surprise from a moment ago, evaporated.

Our lips are frantic and desperate, but slow and melting at the same time. I melt into her. Her fingers claw into the back of my neck as she pulls me impossibly closer to her. I oblige. It's everything. Her lips on mine, soft and rough, fighting and merging. My heart hammers against my ribcage, threatening to leap out. Our eyes are closed. It's like being on a rollercoaster for the first time

She breaks away first to catch her breath and gasps for air.

"What-"

I pull my arms back from around her waist, immediately missing her warmth and strawberry-scented hair.