Chapter 43- Recess

Start from the beginning

Veronica did a small drum roll,
" It's...."  Faye begins and pulls out a microwavable disposable out of her lunch bag. " It's waakye from the school's canteen, I hear it's the best here. I almost bought some for myself but I remember I am not so good with salt petre."

" Awwww thank you so much. That was thoughtful." Ciarra is actually surprised by the act.

" You should savor this moment because Faye rarely buys me stuff, and I am her classmate, people think we're best friends." Veronica complains.

" Oh get over yourself." Faye shoves her with her shoulders. Veronica reached for a pill container from her pocket and emptied the entire content on her side of the table, " I kinda owe her for the advice she gave me this morning."

" We all gave you advice." Sarah interjects.

" Yeah, but only hers hit home."

" Man, what's up with you, you're like a walking drugstore. What are those for?" Healenore asks as Veronica rummages through the pills which ironically had the same colour.

" I ran out of prozacs and the nurse kind of mixed it up with my other pills and now I have to do this every time I need one." Veronica explains as she looks closer.

" What's prozac?" Sarah wonders spooning out some rice from her plate.

" It's one of the compositions of fluoxetine. It's a common antidepressants... Cut it out Ms Chemist. Are we seriously going to start doing drugs at our table?" Kweiba cuts in as Mae explains.

" Come on Lindsay Lohan, get those off the table before people start to look at us in a different way." She says to Veronica who finally found the right one and swallowed it.

She slowly pushes the pills to the edge of table together and pushed them off the table with her palm directly into the container.

" Why do you need it today anyway, you look totally fine to me." Heather says.

" She's going to have a serious conversation with her boo this evening so she's gonna need all the armour she can get to keep her from becoming a hot messy wreck infront of him when he hands her the truth." Faye elaborates sadistically.

They all glare at her and Efua spoke up,

" You're mean."

" It's the truth...Best served hot!" Faye jokes and Kweiba pinched her from her seat and she attempted screaming but Veronica slapped a hand to her mouth to mute her. When she stopped struggling, she let go.

" Oh my gosh, look what you did to my skin. It's swelling!" Faye fumes at Kweiba, " You son of a b..." Veronica cups her mouth again.

" No swearing at the table Fayanna!" She warns just when they heard some sort of jeering coming from another table.

" Exxxtra!!" The boys at the table called at some guy. He was the SRC president, Marvin Laryea.

You could hear them talk all the way at the girls' table with their deep teenage-boy voices.

" I heard our band is back." He says to Shaker.

" You heard right."

" Now that's what I'm talking about! I mean can you imagine Nelson hosting Ink It and not actually having some fresh new talent to show off?" Marvin asks.

" You're right though, we would have crumbled our great reputation." Shaker replies.

" Yo son, how are you feeling?" Marvin asks Kobby as they slap hands and he responds with a grin.