Extraordinary Merry Christmas

Start bij het begin

"Gosh, that song was so depressing." Santana spoke up, as Lexi and Quinn sent her a glare. "I may actually be dead right now."

"I-I think, what Santana means is, although that... That was mournfully beautiful, now that the whole Glee Club is back together, I think that we should focus on the more joyous and the pageant aspect of this holiday season." Rachel reiterated Santana's previous response.

"Rachel's right." Tina was quick to agree. "Last christmas was super sad. Kurt was at another school, Coach Sylvester trashed everything, and Artie got a pair of magic legs that broke the next day. We were the island of misfit toys. This year is going to be..."

"This year, it's a whole new sprig of mistletoe." Mr. Schue announced excitedly, interjecting Tina, while he walked into the room. "Guess who's not getting coal in their stockings for once... Us. Rory, have a seat. I just got off the phone with Don Borowski, the local station manager at Lima's PBS affiliate. Turns out that their annual broadcast of the Yule log burning has been canceled."

"The hell?" An offended Puck asked, as Lexi bit her lip to prevent herself from laughing.

"Yeah, they can't afford the licensing fees anymore." Mr. Schue continued with his explanation. "But thank you, Scrooges who own that copyright, because Don came to Sectionals, he loved what we did and he is offering us..."

"A Christmas special featuring all of us?" Rachel asked, growing excited, as everyone's faces lit up at the prospect of the opportunity, and recognition. "Okay, please say you said yes."

"Not only did I say yes, but when Don said that they were looking for a director for the special, I nominated you, Artie." Mr. Schue said, smiling at the boy.

"Me?" Artie asked.

"Yeah. He saw West Side Story, loved your work, and he wants to take a meeting."

"But I... I swore I would never sell out and do television." Artie rambled, as the class turned to stare at him in shock. "I'm really going to have to think about this, Mr. Schue."
------

{River - Sung by Rachel Berry}

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

{River - Sung by Rachel Berry}

The New Directions sat in the auditorium watching Rachel sing Joni Mitchell's River. It came as no surprise, especially to Lexi, that the girl wanted a major part in the special. They all clapped when the song concluded. Rachel wore a proud expression, but frowned when she saw Artie's unimpressed expression.

"Rachel, could you come see me?" He asked, as Rachel nodded, making her way out of the stage.

"Yes, Artie, of course." She smiled. "And if this is about my ears, I know that they're a little naked right now, but that's just because I'm waiting for something special. Something that's really gonna sparkle and you know, catch the light. So what's up?"

Lexi sighed, shaking her head. Even at Christmas time Rachel could be egotistical, insensitive, ungrateful, and manipulative. Her personality didn't change at all during the holidays, and Lexi wondered if it ever would.