Chapter 8

RAGE KEEP his eyes on Auri all the time while at the funeral.

And when the eulogy came Rage fisted his hands as she stands there quiet for almost a minute. Eyes sad but face blank.

"I don't have a lengthy tribute for my parents aside from they were fair, loved and respected. Thank you." Maikli at pantay ang tono ng pagkakasabi nito.

Matapos iyong sabihin ni Auri ay marami ang gumalaw at may nagbulungan. Rage gritted his teeth when he heard bad words against Auri. Calling her bitter, ungrateful and cold. Judging her because she lack the emotions these fucking people wanted to see in her.

Inakbayan siya ng kapatid niyang si Pyrmont at bumulong. "Calm down, do not listen to them."

Tumango si Rage.

Tumingin siya kay Prius na nasa harapan niya at nakita niya ang nakakuyom na ang kamao nito. Mukhang galit din ito sa naririnig na bulungan laban kay Auri.

Rage reached for Prius's shoulder and hold it, sending his silent call for him to calm down too.

Nang bumalik sa tabi ni Prius si Auri ay sandaling nagakahugpong ang mga mata nila. Rage tried his best to send her his message that it will be alright and Auri replied with a small smile.

Matapos ang libing ay agad silang umuwi ng mansyon nila Prius samantala yung iba nilang kaibigan ay umuwi na kasama ang mga kapatid niya. Rage somehow stayed for another day because Prius asked him to. Prius want him to be there when the will for his parents will be read.

Nagtungo si Rage sa bar ng mansyon at kumuha ng alak matapos magpaalam ni Auri na magpapahinga. Si Prius naman ay may inaayos pa at babasahin sa loob ng opisina ng ama nito.

Tahimik siyang umiinom habang iniisip si Auri nang umupo sa tabing bar stool ang babaeng madalas nakadikit kay Prius sa nakalipas na dalawang araw.

"Care to share your drinks?" saad nito sa matamis na boses.

Rage wanted to frown but he remained emotionless. Keeping the disfavour of the woman's presence beside him.

"Please take what you want in there," Rage replied pulling the bottle of scotch to his right away from the woman. "I am not a person that loves to share my drinks," unless you're my baby or friends or family, he wanted to add.

"Oh, come on, Rage-"

"Call me, Mr. Crown," he interjected, giving the woman his bored gaze. "What is your name by the way?"

Nakita niya ang pagsimangot nito. Dahil siguro sa pinakilala na sila sa isa't-isa pero hindi niya matandaan ang pangalan nito.

Not his fault. He was thinking about Auri the whole time to care about the woman's name.

"Georgia, and no, I prefer to call you Rage. Mr. Crown is too formal," she smiled sweetly almost making him arch his left brow.

Damn... I don't like this woman.

"What is your surname?" Rage asked, taking his eyes off her to drink his scotch.

He heard her chuckle.

"Why interested?"

"Because I would prefer to call you by your surname," he replied nonchalantly making the woman hissed not too quiet for him not to hear.

"I'm not giving you then, I prefer you to call me Georgia," anito na hindi niya sinagot.

"Anyway, will you tell me about Crown island, Rage?" malamyos ang boses na saad nito.

"There's a lot of articles on the internet and magazines about the Crown Island feel free to look at it. I'm not a man that likes to tell about the island." Uminom siya habang hinihiling na iwanan na lang siya ng babae.