Roommates [7]

(7 means it switches between Pat/Jakey's POVs and other people's POVs, switch marked by [*] like before)

Jakey looked across his room at the smaller, antisocial boy sitting on his own bed. Jakey was roommates with Bryan Hood, which became very awkward for the two of them after Bryan kicked him in the face and made his nose bleed. Well, it had been awkward since their first day as roommates but it was now even more awkward.

Jakey would have loved to leave his room and go hang out with his friends, but the headmistress had said that all students must stay in their rooms for two days of the five day weekend. The school was getting ready for the Sleeping Beauty Festival and subsequent three days of sleep that came  right after. The festival used to just be the days of sleeping, but since school moral was pretty low the headmistress was giving the students two days of festival and partying.

The headmistress did say that for one day students could go into other dorm rooms for an hour, but Jakey didn't want to use the hour yet. Plus he knew that he couldn't go see Kayla, Yuki, and Bri since they were in the girls' dorms, and Devin was roommates with Jon Hatter who Jakey didn't want to deal with right now.

"Um, so Bry-" Jakey started, hoping to make some conversation with his hooded roommate. However, Bryan quickly cut Jakey off with a glare and a small growl. Jakey gave a nervous smile in response and a small wave before turning away. With a small sigh, Jakey grabbed a book and began reading.

[*]

"Um, David are you sure you're okay? For the last week you've been crying a lot..." Ranboo asked his roommate, David Frost. David took a deep breath and nodded, wiping some tears from his eyes. Ranboo didn't fully believe him, but he didn't ask anymore questions about it.

Ranboo looked at his mirror phone and the messages he had just gotten from Tubbo. Ranboo felt a bit bad that Tubbo had to stay in his room for two days with Legs Trude. In first year and the first half of second year, Tubbo had slept in Ranboo and David's room, Puffy and Nikki's room, or in Bad and Skeppy's room. Now Tubbo was used to Legs, so he was fine sleeping in his room.

What surprised Ranboo though, is that he had gotten a message from Xylo Lad, who roomed with Mitch Stiltskin. The message was coded with something that most rebels, like Ranboo, knew pretty well. Ranboo glanced at David, before saving the coded message and deleting Xylo'a contact. He took a breath, and switched over to Tubbo's messages.

[*]

"Shino rooms with Artemis, and the headmistress is still dumb enough to believe they will actually break up." Liberty said to her roommate and sister, Rosette. She was also on call with her friend Catra, who was sitting next to her roommate Adora. Rosette was on call with their other friend Destiny who was with her roommate Jacqueline. 

The six talked a lot about how the headmistress was actually pretty stupid and just generally gossiped. They talked about the rumored relationship between Mario and Bryan, and about how Kit was rumored to be dating Kayla. Bella, Kayla's roommate, didn't seem to know anything about it and Blake, Kit's roommate, also didn't seem to know. Yuki and Bri, who were eachother's roommates, were always quick to shut down the rumor when someone said it. 

"You know, I think Mitch is into Pat. I was talking to Michael, and he said that Mitch would hang out with Pat in their room a lot." Catra said, her tail swinging back and forth. Liberty knew that when Catra said "talked", she really meant "eavesdropped on".

"We could call Bailey, since he always seems to know what's going on. Buuuut, he's with his roommate Marshie. Austin usually has some good info too, but he's with Lucas. Brandon will sometimes fill us in, but there's no getting past Ritchie since the two are roommates..." Rosette said after the girls had talked for about an hour and lost subjects to talk about.

"The kids sometimes have good info. Jay-Jay rooms with Reese, but their not as crazy as Jon. Same with Don, and even though he rooms with Richard Beast he can probably give us some gossip. Info and Ray aren't really super in the loop about stuff, but they both do know a bit. Pyrite knows pretty much everything about everyone, and Ruth could probably convince him to tell us." Jacqueline chime din over the phone. Jacqueline might not be the most popular or know everything, but she knew who knows what, who rooms with who, and who has a crush on who. Although she never talked about crushes, and no one really knew that she knew.

{next few chapters will have a lot of plot progression, hopefully}