"Dugan?" You looked to him. He pulled your arm over his shoulders and helped you to walk out of the lab where you found Howard Stark and the rest of the howling commandos. "Stark? What's going on here?" You question, getting mad that nobody will tell you.

"You've been missing y/n, for almost a year" Peggy started softly. "Howard was taken just over a month ago by these people and we came to rescue him, when we heard you scream."

"They preformed a procedure on her" Howard told Peggy.

"What procedure?"

"They sterilized her as a graduating ceremony so that she feels nothing when out in the field as an assassin." He explains before looking down.

"Howard" Peggy urged.

"And they brought me in to recreate the super soldier serum, they must have given it to her" he sighs as you pushed yourself off of Dugan and could stand with perfect balance.

"Let's get you both back to SHIELD and discuss this later once we're all feeling better" Peggy instructed the group.

"SHIELD?"

"The strategic homeland intervention enforcement logistics division" Howard told you. "Peggy founded it with me a few months ago, it's still in the making but we can only work with what we've got" he explains before you all rush out of the red room facility.

~~~

"Hi, how are you holding up?" Peggy entered your small room on the base.

"I'm ready to discuss where we move from here" you tell her, standing quickly from your bed.

"Y/n, I really don't think that's best" she starts.

"Peggy" you give her puppy dog eyes that she can't resist.

"Okay okay, fine, follow me" she walks down the hall and into an open office where Howard and Sousa sit, waiting for you.

"Gentlemen" you nod, taking a seat.

"Agent y/l/n" Sousa reaches out to shake your hand but you make no movement to comply. "Alright then" he nods, pulling his hand back to rest on the table.

"Y/n can you tell is everything you remember?" Peggy asks.

"It was the night that Ana was shot, I sat outside to keep guard on Dottie when the trunk was flung open. She killed a police officer then kidnapped me and took me to the red room. Everyday for the past year I've woken up trained and went to sleep, occasionally being hurt and tortured in the process." You sigh with an explanation. "Oh my god" you gasp, suddenly remembering the events of days prior.

"What is it?" Peggy worry's at your instant change in mood.

"I killed a man" you raise a hand to your mouth with fear and tears well up in your eyes.

"That wasn't you" Peggy moved to rub your back gently but you flinched away.

"Don't touch me! I'm a monster!" You start to sob.

"Maybe we should take some more time before making a decision on what's best for you" Sousa suggested.

"I agree" Peggy nodded

"If I may, I have an idea" Howard starts. "She's a super soldier now, that means she is dangerous" Peggy shoots him a quick glare. "In theory we could but her in a cyro freeze chamber, that would keep her alive and prevent her from hurting anyone until we take her out" Howard finished.

"No, absolutely not"

"Yes, I'll do it" you tell them, pulling their eyes back to you, making them remember that you are still in the room with them. "Put me in the freeze chamber and wake me when you need me" you tell them, having collected yourself enough to make the decision.

"I know you've lost a lot and been through hell but there has to be a better way" Peggy try's to reason with you.

"I'll become a SHIELD agent, you can train me before putting me in the ice. Then whenever you need me I'll be there to help and not hurt anyone else"

"Alright" she sighs. "Training begins tomorrow"

~~~

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Peggy asked, standing in front of you.

"Absolutely" you answer, standing in the chamber wearing your shield training outfit.

"I'll be right here when you wake up" she promises.

"I know" you smile to her before the container closes and the temperature drops fast. You let out one last breath of air as your body falls into a deep sleep.

———————————————
Question of the day: what do you think of y/n being a super soldier now?

———————————————Question of the day: what do you think of y/n being a super soldier now?