27

This chapter contains mostly 18+ content

Stay.

You feel as if you're rooted to the spot, so you just nod, even as a wave of relief washes over you. His eyes search your face, and he seems to be figuring out what to say.

"I don't want to hurt you." His voice is quiet.

"You won't," you say. You risk a step towards him, and when he doesn't move away, you slowly make the rest of the way across the room to him.

"We'll be careful, like before." You stop in front of him, looking up at him. You want to reach out, to touch him, but you resist. "I trust you."

After a moment of hesitation, Remus lifts his hand. He cups your jaw, gently rubbing his thumb over your cheek. Your heart flutters at his touch as you lean into his hand.

"You have no reason to," he says, "Not after everything that happened."

But he's not angry anymore; he just sounds defeated. You step closer to him, wrapping your arms around his waist. He hugs you back, holding you tightly, as if he's scared that you're going to leave.

"But I do," you reply, "Do you remember when I told you once that I wanted to stay with you after the school year ended? That never changed."

You pull back just enough to look up at him. He looks down at you, his eyes searching your face, and while there's still that uncertainty, that hesitation, and that fear of hurting you, you can tell that he's finally coming around. He's just scared, but you're going to help him realize that there's nothing to be scared of, no matter how long it takes. No matter how many arguments or words of reassurance or full moons, because this is what you want. He's what you want.

"You deserve the world, Remus," you continue, because you can tell that he's not sure what to say, "And I'm going to give you as much of it as I can."

The look in his eyes almost breaks your heart, because you can tell that he doesn't believe you, not in the slightest. But there's also that vulnerability, and a new look of acceptance, as if he's finally decided that he's not going to push you away any longer.

 And finally, after another moment of hesitation, he dips his head down to brush his lips against yours. You lean into the kiss, needing to be closer to him and to feel every inch of him. You've missed this, and you didn't realize just how badly until now.

You slide your hands up his arms, over his shoulders, and up into his hair. You wrap your fingers in his hair as his lips move against yours, more gently than usual. There's no desperation, no hurry. It feels like you have all the time in the world.

You wrap your fingers in the fabric of his sweater and pull him along with you as you step backwards, until you bump against the couch. Remus lets go of you, just long enough to sit down. You're still standing, so he grabs your hips, guiding you down on to his lap. Still, every touch is gentle, as if he's scared of hurting you again.

You pull at the hem of his sweater, and he moves away from you just long enough to pull it over his head and toss it to the side. Your fingers trace his newly exposed scars, and as you continue to kiss him, you can feel his bulge straining against his pants.

You shrug off your own jacket, but when you pull back to pull your shirt over your head, you feel Remus tense under you. You look at him as you toss your shirt to the floor, and you see that his eyes are fixated on your arm, where your own scars are.

He touches them hesitantly, and you can see him retreating back into himself, away from you, as his guilt resurfaces.

"It's okay," you say quietly before he can say anything. He meets your eyes briefly, and when he does you can see the pain in them. Looking back down, he lifts your arm, pressing a soft kiss to each scar.