10

The next day starts out rather eventfully. You attend the Quidditch match alone due to Remus still recovering from the full moon, and you watch Harry fall nearly fifty feet to the ground while going after the Snitch. Thankfully, you find out that he wasn't hurt too badly after visiting him in the hospital wing, but that his broom was destroyed. You feel bad; he seems rather distraught over the whole situation, so you remind him that nothing was his fault before leaving.

In the evening, after the match, you decide to go find Remus. His living quarters are right off of his classroom, so you head there, your heart fluttering at the idea of seeing him for the first time in about two days.

Once you reach his classroom, you let yourself in the first door, closing it behind you quietly. You cross the classroom, head up the small set of stairs to his office, where there's another door, which leads to the small bedroom. You rap your knuckles against the door, and within a few seconds, the door opens, revealing Remus, who splits into a tired grin when he sees you.

"There you are," he says, quietly, pulling you into his arms. You hug him tightly, feeling his heart beat as you bury your face in the crook of his neck.

"I missed you," you murmur, your voice muffled against him.

"I missed you as well, darling." He steps back from the hug, grabbing your hand and pulling you into the bedroom. You lay down on the bed with him, both of you on your sides facing each other, and he presses a kiss to the top of your head as you curl into him.

"How did yesterday go?"

You groan loudly, earning a laugh from Remus as he pulls you closer. He's extremely warm: just what you need after sitting out at the cold, rainy Quidditch match.

"Well, I did fine with my classes, but I can't say the same for Snape with yours."

Remus pulls away and props himself up on his elbow so he can see your face, his eyebrows pulling together in concern. "What do you mean?"

You sigh, reaching out and moving a stray lock of hair out of his face. You think of yesterday, your stomach twisting as you recollect your argument with Snape. You suppose that it's better that it comes from you first, instead of Remus being bombarded by complaints from his students first thing Monday.

"Severus, er, assigned homework to at least the third years, um, about identifying werewolves..." You trail off, watching as Remus sets his jaw.

"I should have figured," he says, "that he would pull something of the sort. But never mind that. Did he give you any trouble?"

Snape's words echo in your mind: 

Has he failed to mention to you during your little escapades that he and his friends attempted to murder me when we were young?

You push the thought back, as much as you can, because you know it will never truly leave until you know the truth. But you trust Remus, and you know that he would never do such a thing. However, the knowledge still lingers in your mind, right along with the knowledge of Remus's friendship with Sirius Black when they were kids, which he still doesn't know that you know about.

But, never mind all that. You're almost angry with yourself that you're letting Snape get to you, because you know that's exactly what he wants.

"No," you respond, offering Remus a forced smile that you hope looks convincing, "He didn't."

Remus nods slowly and pulls you back close to him, but you can't shake the feeling that he knows you're lying to him. You are grateful that he's not pushing it, however, and instead, he asks you about the Quidditch match. You fill him in on everything as he runs his fingers through your hair. You could easily fall asleep right here in his arms.