Volume 5 - Chapter 6: A date with Neo

Start from the beginning

Yang and Weiss clink cups together, while Ruby gulps her cup down in one go, opening one eye to glance at the others' cups.

"I just wish Blake could be here with us."

"Yeah, well, she made her choice!" Yang snaps at Ruby.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Weiss asks.

Yang answered bitterly. "I mean she could've been here if she just stuck around. It's no big deal though. We'll be fine."

Ruby and Weiss have concerned expressions on their faces.

You look down at the ground, thinking about how you abandoned Zeke and Mia.

"Don't you want her here?" Ruby asks concerned.

"Why would I want her here?"

"Are you still mad at her for leaving?"

Yang let's out a scoff. "Oh, whatever gave you that idea, Ruby? No, I'm totally fine. I'm great."

"Okay, calm down." Weiss tries to defuse the situation.

Yang's eyes turn red. "Don't tell me to calm down!"

Ruby and Weiss gain startled expressions.

"Whoa, Yang."

Yang realizes what she did, and her eyes turn back to normal. Her hand shakes while holding her cup. She turns to you for confirmation.

"... Before I came here, I was with Zeke and Mia... they were by my side since the fall. I've left them to look for Ruby and the others. Do you think that makes me a bad person too?"

Yang looked at you for a moment before letting out a scoff. "Whatever."

She gets up and leaves. Ruby and Weiss watch her go before exchanging concerned looks with each other, before looking at you.

You take out your scroll and look at the time.

"I would LOVE to just help you, but-" You stood up and dusted yourself off. "I've got places to be. Besides, as her teammates, you should probably deal with this yourself. Good luck you guys."

"Where are you going?!" Ruby calls out.

"Making a horrible mistake..." You murmur to yourself.

You go inside your room and change your clothes to your normal attire.

Since your arrival, Qrow made sure that your outfit had a little more padding.

Your coat was made thicker and more resistant to your lighting and flames.

On Ozpins recommendation, your pants were made more baggy for optimal movement.

Your boots were also reinforced to withstand high temperatures, and your shirt was padded with some material to withstand the electricity and flames.

Your gloves didnt get much improvement. Aside from adjusting the fibers to breathe more easy.

You step outside and walk past the kitchen to get to the entrance.