CHAPTER 7 - Braving The Monstrous Woods - part 4

Start from the beginning

"Draco," Luna said in a very stern and firm voice.

Draco sighed and threw one hand in exasperation as he snapped. "Fine!"

Then he abruptly turned around and muttered to himself, going back into the tent to grab the slimy piece of the tongue that he cut off and immediately come back so that the leftover monster slime or slobber won't stick onto his hands, even when Draco wears protective gloves or something to prevent contamination upon himself.

After seeing that the monster is truly harmless and friendly, the others bravely moved forward to Luna's side, to also join in soothing it and patting it with their hands, so they can marvel at the fact that they just met a good kind of monster for the very first time--except for Luna and her magical friends, who were already used to it since the beginning of the monster apocalypse.

"Oh wow...he's really friendly," Octavia commented in wonder as she patted the monster and rubbed its snout like how she would do it for a domestic pet, and the big monster responded with pleasured soft purrs and rumbles, though it still gave pained whines and whimpers from its injured tongue that's still out and lying limp about.

Neville smiled as he carefully healed the pain from the poor monster with his magic so that it won't feel any more agony and comfort it from feeling any more pain and such. "In case you're wondering how you can tell whether the monsters are the good friendly kinds or the very worst dangerous ones...you can easily tell, just by looking into their eyes."

True enough, upon looking right at the hybrid pangolin-porcupine kind of monster's eyes, they saw that its almost completely-dilated ones gave the impression of its child-like innocence as well as the human-like expressions showing from them of slight fear and curiosity towards the humans that are gathering around and standing by it.

"Wow...!" John Murphy breathed out a gasp of awe and wonder as he and Octavia marveled at the monster's friendliness and slightly gentle goodness as it nuzzled and sniffed at them curiously with its soft snout, despite that half of its face is almost completely covered in its scaly armor but no spikes on them.

Bellamy Blake and Clarke Griffin, on the other hand, were focused upon marveling at the sharp spikes, that are poking out between gaps or holes in between the scaly thick armor and they had their hands rubbing against the flat hard skin like they're testing its strength and defensive measures on the large creature.

"Oh my gosh--this is really fascinating!" Clarke had to remark out loud as she seemed to be in her scientific medical kind of mode when she inspected the slightly gigantic creature before her very eyes and touch. She went and joined the others outside because Helen forced her to go and check on the others and be with them, and she was also amazed at the large friendly creature but focused her attention on its armored scaly, and spiky body instead of its goodness.

"You're telling me...his armor's really hard and thick and--ouch! These spikes are really sharp in all sides, edges, and even the tips themselves!" Bellamy commented when he fingered one of the spikes that are halfway retracting out from one of the gaps and nearly cut his finger upon touching it for studying it closely.

It didn't take long for Draco to come back out from the tent, and he held the cut piece of the tongue with his free hand at arm's length like he's keeping it away in a distance far from himself from being contaminated by its still slimy slobber all over it.

After Luna calmly took the tongue piece from Draco, she used her healing magic to piece together the cut tongue and it was a few seconds later upon instant healing and recovery, that the monster was wiggling its tongue around with joy and glee when it felt that its long tongue is now fine and alright. It even displayed its thankful affections by licking Luna all over with its wriggling slimy appendage and then did the same with the others, making a few of them laugh at the ticklish sensation and only Murphy and Clarke groaned a bit with disgust upon being slobbered on the face or skin by its slimy tongue.

And then the others exchanged knowing amused looks, while Draco suddenly had a foreboding bad feeling when the monster turned its attention right at the blond wizard.

It was a split-second for Draco to instantly realize why the monster was looking at him like that. "Ohh no! Don't you dare--OH BLOODY HELL! I JUST HAD A BATH EARLIER, YOU LITTLE BEAST!"

But it looked like Draco didn't mean it with his cursing as he stood still and let the monster give its licking affections at him, covering him almost completely with the slime of his tongue and he waited until it's done with the thankful gestures before he silently cleaned himself back to neatness with magic. Then he glared at the others when they laughed at him from the sight of the monster licking him all over and making him look like a slobbery mess from head to toe, despite that he neatly cleaned himself quickly with magic.

After that, even though it hurts Luna a little on the inside and disappointed Octavia and Clarke a little, they had to let the monster go and release it back to the wild, after treating and healing its injury. But when the blonde witch encouraged it to go on its way, the monster whined and whimpered, looking at her with teary eyes like it didn't want to leave yet, despite that Luna was being firm on pushing it to go away now.

When the friendly monster saw that they're serious and seemed to catch on that the humans will also be leaving soon, it decided to give more thanks for them all and started vigorously shaking its body like it's about to poop or something, and the others noticed this and thought that it was going to do that and backed away from it a bit.

But it turns out, much to their surprise, the monster is shedding its armored scales, as well as its sharp spikes as they fall almost like rain into the snow-covered ground and it didn't stop until the big creature was sure that it got all the loose scales and spikes off and the shedding finished from its body. After it was done, it gave a soft satisfied hum before it slowly turns around and lumbers in its waddling walk towards the woods, going back to the whatever den or home it belongs to or leaving to some other path it's heading for.

They couldn't believe their kind of good luck when the monster had shed its armored scales and sharp spikes, that can be used as good shields and new weapons to be added into their arsenal. Before the creature left and disappeared into the thick woods, away from their destined direction, they shouted out slightly loud their thanks at it, right when it vanished before their eyes.

They gathered all of them, without missing one little bit or piece but they were being mindful and careful into picking up and handling the spikes as they're really sharp and piercing in all sides and edges, so they had to use one of the armored scales as a shovel to scoop them up and then carry them back to the tent.

Helen was worried when they took a bit longer than usual as they got outside but then was relieved to see them all fine and alright. However, she pouted indignantly, almost making her being look cute upon that expression when the others told her that they met with a good friendly monster instead of a bad one. Even the children were complaining that they were left out of it, but Octavia and Neville entertained them upon telling them about the creature and how it looked like as well as what it did over helping it from its hurt wound, caused by Draco.

Draco didn't look or gave an offended expression when Teddy and Faith bluntly commented at him as being 'mean' towards the friendly creature as he was using his magic to shrink some of the armored scales and sharp spikes so that they'll be packed into the weapons' pack and such. But he left out the necessary number of scales, that they can use as protective shields as well as cover to protect them from the sunlight in case it becomes heatedly hotter or so, despite the cold winter weather.

Helen lamented that she didn't get a good look at that friendly creature because she didn't want to upset the overprotective Draco upon coming outside with them to meet with the monster, and she knew that asking for Luna or Neville to describe what it looked like as best they could, won't be enough, but then Clarke surprised her that she can help upon drawing and coloring it exactly as what the friendly monster looked like when she revealed that she's good at art just like her. Except Clarke admitted that she's not very good or better at it than Helen with her expert artistic hands and such, but Helen gratefully thanked Clarke for the offer and accepted it because she had needed a second pair of hands to help her to draw more about the monsters occupying the whole world and have extra help into putting down more info into the magical guide book of Monsters.

After they have finished and that they were done with the last minute packing and getting ready to set out and leave upon packing up the magical tent, Draco muttered out loud to himself that he hoped that everything will be easy-going and peaceful as they continue on with their journey later on. 

OOOOO