Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

"The guests will be wondering where the old people are soon. It looks like a sale, and there are more Werebeasts inside. I'll head through the back and you can take the front. I think it would be best for you to change now too."

Alo's eyes narrowed while he looked at the house, his eyes had already changed to black and he quickly removed his clothes. Before moving in, Nakai hung the clothes in a tree when a large bear growled beside him. Nakai gave a simple nod before Alo ran to the front door. Before entering the house, Alo roared loudly and stood on his hind legs. The weight of his heavy body suddenly crashed down, and the wooden door collapsed beneath him. Half the group of men and women instantly charged outside; Nakai took the opportunity to slip around the back and he returned to the door leading to the living area. Inside Nakai saw there were four buyers left; Keeping a watchful eye on the small group of buyers, Nakai pulled his gun out. Taking a breath, Nakai stepped through the door and shot four bullets into four bodies. The gunshots made no sound, and the scared Werebeasts only processed what happened once they saw the bodies on the ground leaking blood. Everyone in the room froze as they stared at Nakai in horror. Inside the room, Nakai could see there were ten Werebeasts, all of their ankles chained to the ground. Without speaking, Nakai removed the thick chains. Despite being freed, everyone clumped together and stared at Nakai with wide eyes. Looking around the room, Nakai asked in a low voice.

"Is there anyone else?"

To Nakai, all the Werebeasts looked to be in their late twenties or early thirties. Everyone stared back at him, their lips frozen from fear and shock. Sensing no one was going to answer him, Nakai started walking towards the hallway. Suddenly from behind a small hand pulled on Nakai's shirt. Nakai quickly turned around to see a short teen boy with mousy brown hair. The small Werebeast spoke in an urgent yet quiet voice as he pointed upstairs.

"There are three men up the stairs. They took my brother up there after giving the old people money. There are also more Werebeasts in the basement."

The small Werebeast looked on the verge of tears while he talked about his brother, and Nakai didn't waste any time as he ran up the stairs. His large body was quieter than the night before he kicked open the first door that came into view. Nakai shot two men that ran towards him as soon as the door was open; without wasting another second, Nakai pulled the third man away from the bed and shot him in the head, dropping him to the floor a heavy thud. A light thud sounded in the room afterwards, when a small Werebeast slid off of the bed and onto the cold floorboards. The Werebeast couldn't be older than twenty as blood ran down his legs, his body limp. Nakai quickly checked the pulse of the boy before picking him up, and taking him into the bathroom connected to the bedroom. As expected in places like this, a first aid kit was under the sink and Nakai gently wiped cream onto the bleeding rectum.

The boy winced from the pain but didn't wake up during the treatment. To cover the young man's injury, Nakai used a clean towel to wrap around his waist before dressing him in a bathrobe, covering his naked body. Before heading downstairs, Nakai checked the other bedrooms but there was no one else upstairs. As soon as the other young Werebeast saw his brother being carried by Nakai, he ran over while crying. The Werebeast in Nakai's arms woke up from the sound of his brother's cries, but when he saw Nakai, he tried to struggle out of his arms. Nakai kept a firm hold on the young man because he doubted it would be good for him to walk right now, and the mousy haired boy tried to calm his brother, tears still streaming down his face.

"Stop, stop. This man is a friend. He's not going to hurt us."

The struggling Werebeast couldn't continue to fight because of his body's condition, and he was laid down on the sofa in the living room. The mousy haired boy quickly knelt down beside his brother, sobbing over his covered body quietly. Stepping away from the sofa, Nakai quickly asked whoever was willing to answer, where the basement was. A tall tanned woman didn't speak but pointed to the kitchen, Nakai looked back at the silent woman before walking through the open door. Once he was in the kitchen, the woman followed behind, and she pointed at the closed pantry door, her hand trembling. Nakai guided the terrified woman back into the living room before returning to the kitchen. Nakai pulled open the skinny shutter doors of the pantry, on the concrete floor he could see a square wooden trap door. The door wasn't locked and he pulled the heavy door open; a foul stench instantly filled Nakai's nose. He knew that whatever was down there, most likely wasn't alive, and hadn't been for a long time.