"I'm sorry Fi," I said, releasing Eliza for a moment and pulling Fiore against me in a tight hug. Fiore and I had gotten close during my relationship with Christine. Even after I had left she kept in contact with me, making sure I was all right. Though she hadn't agreed with my leaving Christine, she supported my need to get away from my stagnant life in the stables and to travel. It was something I really liked about Fiore. She expressed her opinions, but also looked at situations from all angles before giving any kind of judgment.

                "Fi," I repeated the nickname Christine and I used for Fiore (no one besides her close friends were allowed to use it and few attempted to). "This is Eliza. Eli, this is Christine and Fiore." Eliza and I had come up with the idea that using nicknames for each other would make us seem more close. "Eliza is Katie's roommate."

                "And best friend," She added, shaking hands with the both of them. Christine hadn't spoken yet and Fiore was measuring Eliza with her gaze.

                "So, are you two dating now then?" Fiore askeed the unspoken question lingering in Christine's eyes 

                Eliza looked at me, fluttering her eyelashes flirtatiously before giggling and turning back to Fiore with a wide smile. "I suppose we are, yes." I was about to speak but Eliza grabbed the reigns and took off. "Katie introduced us and I swear it was instant sparks. We've only gone out a few times, but it's looking good. At least to me," She nudged me playfully. Goodness, was this girl an actress? "Anyway, we have a double date planned with Katie and Chad soon. I think they just make the cutest couple, don't you?"

Christine

                I had zoned out for the end of Eliza's speech as I felt the color drain from my face at seeing the two of them together. I thought after what he'd said last night that he still had feelings for me. But I guess I'd been pretty clear with him. I glanced down at my ringless ring finger as we still hadn't publicized the wedding. My ring was safely at home in my jewelry box. But I was suddenly struck with the feeling that the idea of my ring suddenly felt like it was weighing down heavily on my chest.

                Fiore and Eliza suddenly started talking and I was brought out of my stupor at the mention of my name. "Hm?" I asked, missing what had been said.           

                "Eliza asked where Micah was." Greg repeated.

                "Oh, he's with some classmates. He's been so busy with uni, he doesn't really have a lot of free time." Why did I feel the need to explain my boyfriend's absence? It dawned on my that maybe it was more for my benefit than theirs.

                "He's actually just terrified of me." Fiore joked, putting an arm around me. "But that's okay, Christine can be my date tonight. This whole party was her idea actually. I'm glad she wanted this reunion. I missed everyone, even you Greg." She laughed.

                "He is amazing, isn't he?" Eliza whispered, gazing up at him adoringly. I fought the urge to gag at her sweet remarks and was glad for the distraction of my phone ringing in my pocket. Micah's name flashed across the screen.

                "Hello?" I asked loudly, trying to make myself heard over the loud music.

                "Hey, how's the party going?"

                "Good so far, honey. How is your meeting?" I asked, looking away from the three probing gazes across from me.

                "Ended early." I heard a voice in my ear. I squeaked in surprise and I felt warm arms wrap around my waist. I turned and hugged Micah. I ignored Fiore's pursed lips and tried not to enjoy Greg's jealous burning gaze.

                "I'm so happy you're here!" I giggled, not sure if I was happy because he came to see me, or that I no longer had to be alone while Greg had Eliza wrapped around him.

                "I figured that if it was that important to you, I'd try and wrap up the meeting early."

                "Aw, thank you honey." I went to press a gently kiss to his lips, but he pulled me into a forceful possessing kiss that shocked me. I realized once we'd separated but his smug glance at Greg that it had been to show Greg that I was Micah's. I fought the urge to roll my eyes. Eliza started to pull his attention back to her. I was seething with jealousy as they walked off together, but turned to Micah, determined to enjoy the party.

Lana (btw guys, I really was happy to revisit Ian and Lana. I missed them so much)

                Ian was seething. Pure rage burned in his perfect ocean blue eyes and he ran his hands in frustration, mussing his already unruly chocolate brown locks. I looked up at him sheepishly, a little afraid that he hadn't said anything yet. "Ian..."

                "Don't," he snapped, running his hand over his face. "You're so frustrating." he groaned.

                "Ian, I was just feeling so stifled in that room. I can't just lay in bed all day, I'll go mad." I attempted to defend myself. "I didn't do anything exerting. Fiore had a car come pick me up, they literally carried me to the car." I explained, but Ian shook his head, unconvinced.

                "Lana, you don't understand." He kneeled in front of me, taking my hands in his. He kissed them gently and I felt that familiar stir in my stomach (though I couldn't be sure if that was my reaction to Ian or that the baby was hungry). How was it that he still had this strong an effect on me. Wouldn't I eventually become immune to his charms? His touch? I waited for him to continue as he let out a soft sigh. "You and Guili are the most important people in my life. I've almost lost you so many times. I couldn't bare it if I lost you now, especially if I have the opportunity to prevent it. I wnt you and our little munchkin to be safe and healthy. You're killing me with stress. Seeing you being crazily pushed around by Fiore earlier aged me at least twenty years."

                I felt so guilty suddenly for making him worry. It's true that trouble seemed to latch onto my shadow and this new situation was probably only scaring Ian more. I took his face in my hands and gently kissed his lips. "I'm sorry, honey. I didn't think through it. I just miss being with everyone, and I finally had the opportunity. I just didn't want to miss out and be home alone."

                "I'm sorry, I should've stayed home with you." he said and I shook my head.

                "No! I don't want you to miss out either. I'll be good from now on, I promise. You're not mad anymore?" I smiled a big, goofy, open-mouthed smile and he couldn't help as his lips twitched into a smile as well.

                "I love you so much, woman. Stop trying to kill me with stress." He hugged me to him and I giggled.

                "Noted. And I love you too."