Chapter 15: The Best Thing I Ever Did

Start from the beginning

Mina: Yes?

Jeongyeon: C'mon Mina, take a break from watching dramas, arasseo?

Mina: *pouts* Okay, I feel ridiculous now. Please don't tell Jimin-oppa about that.

Jeongyeon: Sure... that will be our little secret. *pinches Mina's left cheek*

What Mina told Jeongyeon didn't leave her mind all day.

Jimin? Eun Hwan's father?

It was already midnight but she was still fully awake. She looked at the man who was sleeping in front of her and the child between them, they did really resemble each other. Would it be the reason why Jimin suddenly felt uncomfortable as if he was about to say something days before? She wouldn't know the answer if she wouldn't ask. But she was afraid to get her hopes up. She thought she needed more convincing in taking the next big step, after all, it also made her thinking as to why Jimin would keep something like this from her if that was true. Then she remembered another thing... the thing that Jimin couldn't say. Could it be that thing?

She quietly got up and went outside the apartment to make a call. After three rings, Nayeon answered.

Jeongyeon: Annyeong? Unnie?

Nayeon: Yes, Jeongie? What's up?

Jeongyeon: Did I wake you up?

Nayeon: Not really, I was on a video call with Jin but he's already asleep. Is something wrong?

Jeongyeon: Something's... bothering me.

Nayeon: What is that? Go and tell me everything, I'll listen.

Jeongyeon told her about this afternoon with Mina and Eun Hwan, and her feelings regarding this whole thing. Nayeon exhaled slowly on the other line.

Jeongyeon: Yeah, I know... it's all weird.

Nayeon: So Mina thought out of thin air that Jimin might be Hwanie's father coz they kinda look like?

Jeongyeon: Yes, but don't tell her I mentioned this to you. I promised her. But yeah, you're right... that would be insane.

Nayeon: I'm right? I haven't said anything yet. I'd actually say that that's possible. Anything is. C'mon Jeongyeon! Tell him now. I'm actually excited to tell my future kids about this.

Jeongyeon: Unnie...

Nayeon: I'm kidding. You know what, I will be so happy if that would be true, it means that you and Jimin will be forever tied... you can't break up. Aish, I don't know why I'm saying this but he had grown on me, even though he's a bitch.

Jeongyeon: *giggles* Unnie, even if he really is the father, we might still break up... that's called a broken family.

Nayeon: Why are you so negative??? You think too much, Jeongyeon. Just this time, please allow yourself to not think too much. Okay? I know I am in no place to say that cause I definitely do not know what you feel but I will be praying for your mind to rest a bit and let your heart speak.