Dancing And Mission

Y/N POV

The day before the big dance I twiddle my thumbs and bounce my knee. I look at the clock and it's as if it's taking hours for each second to pass. The bell finally rings and I head out of the door. I speed walk towards the training room to find a certain someone. I spot her and tap her shoulder.

Pyrrha: "Hello Y/N."

Y/N: *waves and signs* "Do you mind helping me for a second?"

Pyrrha nods and I lead her to the school rooftop. 

Pyrrha: "Uh Y/N... why are we on the roof top?"

Y/N: "I need a girl's advice."

Pyrrha: "On?"

Y/N: "I need help asking someone to the dance."

Pyrrha: "Ok. tell me about this person."

Y/N: "Where to start. The way she walks, the way she smiles everything about her is just perfect."

Pyrrha: "What's she like?"

Y/N: "She's just everything. She lights up the room when she smiles. Her semblance is truly something to behold. And just watching her fight is like watching a professional dancer."

Pyrrha: *slightly flustered* "O-oh?"

Y/N: "Yeah. I'm currently seeing her and despite spending so much time with her I just want to stay by her side."

Pyrrha: "Y/N, do you love this person?"

Y/N: "That's a major understatement. I don't just love her, I like her. I can't stop thinking about her and every time we see each other my heart feels like it'll beat right out of my chest."

Pyrrha: "Have you tried telling her how you feel?"

Y/N: "No. I feel that if I did she won't feel the same and it'll make our friendship awkward."

Pyrrha: "Have you thought about asking her to the dance?"

Y/N: "Yes, but I don't know how to ask her."

Pyrrha: "You should just ask her."

I look down and think.

Y/N: "Okay, I'll ask her. Thank you Pyrrha."

I begin walking away when I look at Pyrrha to see a confused look on her face.

Y/N: "You okay Pyrrha? Your cheeks are red."

Pyrrha: "I'm fine! I mean... just go ask your mystery girl to the dance."

I nod and head inside the school. The next day I smooth out my suit jacket and head out of my dorm. I walk ten steps and knock on team RWBY's door.

Ruby: "Hey Y/N."

Y/N: "Is my date ready?"

Ruby: "Just about. Weiss is putting the finishing touches to her dress."

As soon as she finishes that sentence my date walks into view in a elegant black and white dress, her hair fixed neatly and she has the slightest amount of makeup on.

Y/N: "You look gorgeous."

Neo blushes before locking arms with me and walking with me to the dance. We enter and head for the dancefloor as a slow paced song starts playing.

Y/N: *mouths* "That dress really suits you."

Neo: *mouths* "Thank you. You clean up pretty nice."

Y/N: "You saying I look uncivilized?"

Neo: *silent giggle* "No. I'm just saying you look far better now than when we first met."

Y/N: "Be honest, I made battle torn clothes look good."

Neo smiles and rolls her eyes as I spin her.

Neo: "Hey Y/N."

Y/N: "Yes Neo?"

Neo: "Thank you."

Y/N: "You're welcome but what are you thanking me for?"

Neo: "Everything. When Roman left me I was sad. I feared that I was going to return to the life I had before Roman took me in. But you didn't let that happen. Despite fighting me prior you still welcomed me with open arms. You gave me the things I lost, and for that I'm thankful. You gave me a lot so I thank you, for everything you did."

Y/N: "You're very welcome."

We finish our dance and come that Monday we select a mission from the mission board. We pair up with team RWBY and walk with them to the airships. I freeze and facepalm seeing the Huntsman we're going to be shadowing.

Oobleck: "You must the students that will be accompanying me."

Neo: "We're doomed."

Weiss: "Professor Oobleck?"

Oobleck: "Yes I shall be your Huntsman for the next few days. I have packed everything we shall need so you can all leave your bags here. I already plotted our course and..."

He stops and looks down at Weiss.

Oobleck: "It's Doctor. I didn't earn my PhD for fun. Now come along, according to my schedule we are already behind... schedule."

He speeds away from us and onto the airship.

Y/N: "We. are so doomed."

Ruby: "Oh come on, what's the worst that can happen?"

Y/N: "Worst case scenario Oobleck dies leaving us alone in an area filled with Grimm which we will have to spend every moment fighting only to wear ourselves down and slowly be picked off one by one and die only being able to be identified by the marrow in our bones."

I look at the others to see dark clouds over their dangled heads.

Y/N: "Oops."