Opening

Y/N POV

I stare at my father before getting punched in the jaw and sent across the room. I hit my back against the wall and slam my chest on the floor. I cough and spit out a bit of blood then look up only to receive a kick to the chin. I look up and see my mother just staring and watching with nothing but a smile on her lips. I pick myself up and begin limping away to my room but get grabbed by my father. He roughly pulls my arm making it pop and throws me into the living room table.

Derick: "You're such a disgrace!"

Y/N: "Then why even give birth to me? Couldn't keep it in your pants?"

Derick: "You little bastard!"

That remark gets me a swift kick to my stomach. I gasp as my breath is stolen and I fall to my hands and knees. I smile being able to get under his skin which only pisses him off even more. He lifts me up by my hair and tosses me near my mother.

Y/N: "And why are you still with him? Scared he'll hit you if you leave?"

April: "Little twerp!"

She grabs a broken table leg and whacks my jaw with it. I look at her to see her looking at father. He smiles which makes her smile; yep, she's scared. I get up and spit out a tooth before grabbing my numb arm and walking to my room.

Derick: "Where do you think you're going?"

Y/N: "To my room, we're obviously done here."

Derick: "Not on your life."

Y/N: "That you gave me."

He growls before continuing to beat me with my mother occasionally getting in on the action hoping to spare herself from my father's wrath. Luckily for me I'm used to the beatings and can actually withstand them. After another hour of abuse I slink to my room and plop face first. I take a deep breath and pop my arm back into its socket. I sigh before closing my eyes and going to sleep for the day. I peacefully dream when my head just starts pounding out of nowhere. I jolt up out of bed and feel this all consuming pain across my body. I try to stand but fall on my face as the pain seems to worsen. I bite my cheek to suppress my screams since I'm in no shape for abuse.

The pain once again worsens to the point I start convulsing and foaming. My eyes roll up into my head and the world goes black. I open my eyes and notice that the pain is all gone. I get to my feet and feel this great hunger in my stomach. I walk down to the fridge and just eat anything I see. I guess I made too much noise because I hear heavy footsteps coming down the stairs and the kitchen light come on.

Derick: "It's three in the morning you asshole! Go back to bed!"

I don't even respond instead I continue to ransack the fridge. My lack of a response cause my dad's anger to spike and him to march over to me.

Derick: "You got wax in your ears? Go to bed!"

He places his hand on my shoulder which finally makes me speak.

Y/N: "Go away!"

Some unknown force launches my dad away and embeds him halfway into the kitchen wall. The crash makes my mom come down and spot my dad in the wall.

April: "What did you do!?"

The hunger finally stops and I am able to register what I just did. I look at my imbedded dad and shocked mother.

April: "What happened?"

I look once more at my father and smile seeing my voice did that to him. I look at my mother and recall her share of the abuse.

Y/N: "Kneel."

Her body forces itself down which she tries to undo.

April: "What's happening? Why isn't my body doing what I'm telling it?"

I walk to my room and begin packing my bag while getting dressed. Once I have enough clothes I head to my parents bedroom and grab all the Lien they have. Being properly supplied I walk back past my parents and smile before stepping out the front door to begin my new life free from abuse. I highjack their car and drive to the next town. I look into the distance and smile seeing the city. I press the gas peddle and drive into the town full of new possibilities.