A Village?

I opened my eyes and saw that I was laying in tall, green grass. I was staring up at a blue sky with very few white, fluffy clouds. I got up and looked around.. I was in a meadow of some sort. I looked down at what clothing I was wearing and realized that it was a dress. It was actually .... Comfortable though? Like, it was the perfect fit and I've never EVER worn anything THIS comfortable, not even my sweats. I was barefoot, but the ground was just so soft and perfect. My hair was down as well. There was a light breeze, which was just right.

I started walking, not being able to really know where I was going and not sure on what was going on. Where am I? I thought. I'd never been anywhere like this before. It was so... perfect. No screw-ups, no tourists, perfect climate, no litter. No... negativity.

As I walked, in the distance, a few buildings came into view. Soon, as I got closer, I realized that it was a very small village in front of a forest of some sort. As I approached it, I started to see a few figures. People. I walked towards them and they all started looking at me very happily. "She's here everyone!" one of them called out to the others.

"We're so glad that you're finally here!" one girl said happily. "We've been waiting for you for so long [Y/N]!" Everyone here looked so young, like a mix of teens and young adults.

"Uh, where am I exactly?" I asked.

"Oh, sorrys, we forgot to tell you, this is Serenity Village, the most peaceful place ever known," the girl explained. She looked almost like a young Clara.

"Wait, wait, wait, how did I even get here?" I asked.

"You're dead," she said. "We all are. You died after you were stabbed and you're here now. For eternity."

"And... who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Clara Schmidt! Well, I was an Afton back when I was alive," she said.

"B-But, you look like you're 16!" I exclaimed.

"Well, that's what happens after anyone dies," she said. "We all go back to our best year of age or what our best year of age would've been, and stay that way. You're a teenager again!" She turned me over to the window of one of the buildings so that I could see my reflection, and she was right! I looked like I was 15 again! My jaw dropped. I turned away and saw who else was here.

Another girl, who looked to be about 14, walked up to me. "I'm Elizabeth! Remember me?" she asked.

"Yes, of course!" I exclaimed. So... her best year of age would've been 14, I'm guessing. I started walking around and greeting everyone. Chris changed a lot. He looks like one of the Tik Tokers that decided to make their hair somewhat fluffy. Another girl went up to me.

"You probably don't remember me or even really know who I am, but I'm Susan, or Susie, as I was called before I died," she said. I remembered Susie, surprisingly. She looked like she was around 18. She didn't have her curls anymore, nor did she have any bows in her hair. She had perfect, straight hair. Her outfit looked like something that Dorothy from 'The Wizard of Oz' would've worn.

Each of the children that had gotten murdered were there. The only one that wasn't there was William. "Hey, uh, where's William?" I asked. Everyone that was around me had just froze and looked at me.

"Don't ever mention him here," Gabriel said firmly. "Got it?"

"Uh, yeah, I guess," I said.

Everyone was kind here, but as soon as I would try to bring up something about William, that's when I'd be on their bad sides. Clara allowed me to stay with her, which I thought was very sweet of her.

Later on, while we were eating dinner, it occurred to me that I hadn't seen my family yet. None of my blood-relatives. My family just wasn't here. It was so weird. Like, why else wouldn't they be here? So apparently it's both my family AND William that weren't here.

Later that night, we were all doing our own things. There were a few people sitting around the campfire, some people doing origami, stargazing, just stuff like that. Everyone seemed so happy here. Like, they didn't have a care in the world right now. I looked over to the forest and just felt the need to go into the darkness.

"Hey, uh, I think that I'm gonna take a small walk in the woods," I said to the guy I was chatting with.

"Alright, just don't go too deep into those woods," he said. "Some people that have gone back there have never returned." I nodded in understanding and made my way to the entrance of the forest. I walked into the growing darkness and gazed upon the trail-way.

I hesitated, but started walking down the pathway. Each step seemed to make me feel sadder and sadder than before. I made my way back there, but that's when I started hearing voices. Very familiar voices, at that. I started to panic a little bit. Why would I be hearing those voices? That's when there was one voice that made me feel the need to run. "Father, it's me, Michael," the voice said. "I'm coming to find you." Nope, can't do it. I started sprinting back where I came as fast as I could. I ran and ran until the village was in view. I could hear music playing and there were many people dressed semi-formally. It was kinda like a Cottagecore type of formal, if you know what I mean.

I approached the entrance of the village and could see that they were all dancing. It kinda reminded me of square dancing. One of them saw me and sprinted over, grabbing my hand. "You made it back!" he exclaimed. "C'mon, it'll be fun!" But there was an urge telling me to go BACK INTO the forest. Jeez, I can't make up my mind! They brought me back over to the place where everybody was dancing.

"I-I'm sorry, but I just don't think that I can stay here much longer," I said. Then it was like everybody just stopped.

"Wait... are you saying that you want to leave?" Lizzy asked.

"Yeah, I just don't think that I was supposed to be here," I explained. Lizzy sighed.

"Well, if you think that's what's best for you, we all bid you farewell," she said sadly.

"Thank you," I replied. "I'll see you all again soon." I turned around and went straight towards the forest. Maybe there's something better for me over there. Maybe the voices were trying to tell me or warn me of something.