Late Night

---------------------------------------------

Mr. Afton explained the whole job to me and it sounds like it's mostly just making sure that kids don't get too close to the animatronics, keeping track of everything, etc. Mr. Afton made dinner at 7 and after we ate, we all watched an episode of The Office.

We were in the middle of an episode, when I noticed something. "Hey, uh, should we be worried?" I asked.

"Why do you say that?" Mr. Afton asked.

"Because It's already 9 at night and Mrs. Afton isn't home yet," I replied.

"Oh, crud... maybe she had to complete some extra paperwork," Michael said.

"But doesn't the place close at 8:30?" I asked. "Should we go check on her?"

"Here, I'll go and check on her, you two, put Liz to bed," Mr. Afton said, getting up and putting on his jacket. Mr. Afton left and Elizabeth sighed. She got up and went up to her room without either of us even having to tell her. Michael flipped through the different channels. We got to the news channel and something caught my eyes as Michael flipped past it.

"Wait, wait, wait, go back," I said. He went back to the news channel. It was showing something about a car crash on the highway over by Mrs. Afton's workplace. They kept on mentioning something about a hit and run crash.

"And it was here where 43 - year - old Clara Afton died due to her injuries," the news reporter said.

"Wait, what?!" Michael and I exclaimed in unison. We both sat in silence for about 10 minutes. Mr. Afton came back with a devastated look on his face. That night was really hard for all of us. Even Zeus wasn't looking all that happy.

We decided to wait a little bit before I start working at Circus Baby's. I just couldn't handle it with so much on my mind. Zeus started eating less and a little more slowly it seemed like. We couldn't really focus on the positives. I drew a picture one day, but when I looked at it, I couldn't tell who it was at first, but then I realized that I had just drawn Mrs. Afton. I didn't even realize that's what I was drawing.

--------------------------------------------

Where am i?, I thought. I looked around. It looks like I'm in the backseat of a car or something. I looked in the front seat to see who was driving and saw who I think is Mrs. Afton. She looked like she had something on her mind. I was going to say something, when she swerved and hit another car.

I flinched and woke up. I looked at the picture that I drew of her, but instead of seeing her, I saw the Ballora animatronic. What's happening?!

About 3 days after that had happened, I started working at Circus Baby's ((Or 'Baby's' for short.)). It was a surprisingly simple job that I had to do. Elizabeth would come with Mr. Afton and I sometimes. She loves it there. And she absolutely loves the Circus Baby animatronic. Circus Baby honestly just looks like one of those old Dolls where whenever you lay them down and bring them back up, their eyes opened and closed. I didn't mind her, but she had this creepy look to her.

Elizabeth was there one day with a few of her friends and I was making sure to keep an eye on them, since that was the room that my post is at today. Mr. Afton walked over to me and said, "Hey, so all of the kids left and went into the other room, you don't have to stay in here if you don't want to." I shrugged.

"Alright," I said. I left the room and went into one of the rooms where one of my new friends was chilling. Mr. Afton went back to doing whatever it was that he needed to do, it honestly just seemed like he was talking to some of the customers. I sighed and went back to talking to my friend.

It wasn't until about 2 minutes later that I heard someone say quietly, "Daddy's not watching." It sounded like a little girl's voice. Almost like Elizabeth's. I decided to ignore it and not put too much thought into it.

But I wish that I would've thought smarter, because a scream filled the restaurant and it sounded like it was coming from the room with Circus Baby in it. I got up and practically sprinted towards that room. I rushed in there when I heard Mr. Afton said, "'Elizabeth!? I'm coming sweetie!" When I got into that room, I saw a bunch of blood around the Circus Baby animatronic. I covered my mouth. There was no sign of Elizabeth. It was like she was just gone. All that was left of her was some of her blood.

---------------------------------------------------