Chapter 12

This is dawn, and the C.A.N.D.Y fighters are standing, watching how the place is being cleaned up. The dead bodies underground are being brought up by some people. The damaged stuffs are being picked up and taken away. Some people are happy as they reunite with family members and friends that they lost for a while. Some people as well, are rather very sad, some crying as they see their family members or friends amongst the dead bodies that are being brought up. The fighters show half sad, half happy reactions as they see the moods of different people. Different people come at different intervals to thank the fighters.
The Inspector goes to the fighters. "Congrats guys!", he shakes hands with them. "You just ripped this city off its fears", he adds. "We just wish we're able to fix up all the damages he caused", says Yanking, feeling sad. "But you guys prevented him from causing more serious damages", the Inspector tries to brighten up their moods. The fighters heave a sigh of relief. The Inspector shrugs his shoulders and stands by the C.A.N.D.Y fighters as they continue seeing how the place is being cleaned up.

The fighters are in the main room. They ain't on their costumes. The boss and Smith are so delighted and congratulate them for a job well done. "You guys did it again! You've proven to the world that you're the C.A.N.D.Y fighters. You'll now be called "my guys", no more "kids". Congrats guys!!", the boss praises them. "I've kept some food for you guys. I know you guys are hungry", says Smith. The fighters remain silent, feeling so weak. The boss and Smith start wondering why they're silent and sad. "Didn't you guys win? Why are you sad?", the boss questions. "That man killed my uncle", Dahlia replies. "Dr Williams?", Smith asks. "Yeah!", Carlos responds. "Well! You avenged on your uncle's behalf, right?", the boss asks. She keeps quiet. "Your uncle died a long time ago. Don't let this affect you now", the boss tells her. Dahlia heaves a sigh. "Come on! Don't be sad! See! I made you your fav snack, hamburger!!", Smith tries to cheer her up. Dahlia looks at everyone. She smiles;"Fine! Let's go have our snacks." Everyone smiles back. "Let's get going!", the boss leads the way. They all leave the room chitchatting with each other, happiness on everyone's face.

One week later! The fighters are on their costumes, on a stage with the Mayor of New York and other dignitaries. People are down, hailing the fighters for their job well done. This is happening in the streets of New York. The Mayor walks to the mic. "Hello everyone!", he attempts making the whole place quiet. The people all keep quiet to listen to the Mayor. "Thank you! As we all know, we're here to celebrate our victory over a menace. And the main cause of this victory is the super heroes in our midst. He turns back and points at them. He continues his address;"They even risked their lives for our safety."
As the Mayor continues addressing the crowd, the C.A.N.D.Y fighters sight the Inspector amongst the Police Force. The Inspector who has been looking at them, smiles and nods his head as sign of greeting. The fighters nod their heads back in response. "I really feel proud of us", Amelia whispers to her friends. "So do I!", Nick responds. The clique start chuckling. ".... and now, I'm going to give them some medals as a sign of gratitude for all what they have done", the Mayor informs the crowd. The people start clapping and shouting for joy after hearing what the Mayor just said.  The Mayor sends for the medals. A man climbs up the stage with a golden box. The man opens the box and the Mayor takes out the medals one by one and hangs one on each fighter. He tells each of them;"Thank you for your selfless service." The Mayor tells everyone;"Let's give them a standing ovation." They all start clapping. The dignitaries, sitting on the stage, get up to also give a standing ovation. "I'm so happy today!", Carlos whispers to friends. His friends chuckle. The fighters bow their heads as the people give them a standing ovation.

Next morning! Amelia comes out of her house and sees something that amazes her so much. She sees plenty houses with a poster or more of the C.A.N.D.Y. fighters with positive writings on them. She calls Dahlia. Dahlia picks up the call. "Have you seen what the city has done?", Amelia's so happy. "What did they do?", Dahlia gets curious. "Just go outside the house and see the amazing thing they've done", Amelia replies. Dahlia gets out of the house and sees posters of them on most houses. She jumps and shouts for joy. Jake, who's passing by sees Dahlia jumping and shouting so loud. He closes his ears as she's too loud. "What's making you so happy?", he asks.
Dahlia stops immediately, feeling shy. "Uhmmmmmm .... It's because of the promise my friend here....", he raises the phone, "....made to me." Amelia starts laughing through the phone when she hears this. Jake nods his head and walks away. Dahlia goes back to her call. "Let's tell others about this", she tells Amelia. "How are you sure they don't know about this already?", Amelia asks. "I know those guys so well. They normally stay in bed up to 9am", Dahlia replies. Amelia moves her head left to right;"Ok then! Bye!!" "Same here!", Dahlia replies. Amelia ends the call. Dahlia rushes inside happily;"Mum! Dad! I wanna show you something." Amelia walks inside, trying to dial someone else.

The fighters are in the home of the Director of Yo-Milk company. They're in the parlor with him. "Have you guys been able to deal with the robot spiders?", the Director asks. "Yes Sir!", Carlos. "Thank you so much! I was wondering how I'd cope if Yo-Milk had to be shut down for so long", he tries to prostrate. The clique don't give him a chance to do so. "They'll never be back again because the manufacturer has been destroyed", Nick assures him. "Thank you so much!", he gets back to his seat. "I promise to be supplying you guys Yo-Milk for free from now on", he tells them.
All of them, but Carlos are very happy at the promise. "No! No! No! Is it really necessary?", Carlos stands up, looking at his friends. The four now hide their happy mood. "I wasn't asking you guys. I'm doing what I want", the Director replies. "But....", Carlos tries to refuse. "No buts!", Director raises his hand up. "All you have to do is call us. We'll open a portal and you'll push them into it", Yanking adds.
Carlos doesn't have the boldness to speak again. "That's a deal then!", the Director gets up and gives each of them a handshake. Dahlia opens a portal. They all wave to the man, who waves back in return. The fighters jump into the portal and it closes. The Director heaves a sigh of relief, feeling so excited.

School session has now begun. The clique enter their classroom. They hug their classmates, feeling so happy on seeing them after the long vacation. Everyone's happy to be back to school.
The teacher's addressing the students;"I guess this vacation would be the hottest vacation we'll ever have. There were a lot of damages, deaths and so on. But thanks to the C.A.N.D.Y fighters, we didn't perish completely." He points to the C.A.N.D.Y fighters poster in the classroom. "We owe you guys one!", he speaks to the poster. The clique feel so honored and happy. "Let's give them a round of applause", he tells everyone. Everybody starts clapping, including the clique, who seem to be clapping louder and happier than every other person.

In the C.A.N.D.Y  house main room! The boss and Smith are waiting for the fighters. A portal opens up after some time. The fighters hop out of the portal. "What's the problem boss?", Carlos asks. "There's a fire outbreak in the building beside your Mum's shop", the boss replies to him. "We're on it boss!", Nick replies. They try to get into the portal but are stopped by the boss. "Before you go, always know that you should make our acronym, C.A.N.D.Y, a highly honored one amongst other ones", he tells them. "C!!", he shouts. "Carlos!", Carlos replies. "A!!", he shouts. "Amelia!", she replies. "N!!", he shouts. "Nick!", he replies. "D!!", he looks at Dahlia. "Dahlia!", she replies. "And Y!!", he turns to Yanking. "Yanking!", he responds. Everybody shouts in unison;"C.A.N.D.Y!!!" "I want to ask a question", Amelia tells the boss. "Go ahead!", he replies. "It's been long we worked here. Can't we at least know where this C.A.N.D.Y house is located? We've only seen inside it, not outside", Amelia asks. The remaining four agree with Amelia question.
"I don't know the location", the boss answers. "You're kidding right?", Dahlia gets confused. "I'm really not kidding. I don't know!", he replies again. "Now get going! You have a mission to attend to", Smith adds. The clique change to their costumes and hop into the portal before it closes. The boss and Smith start laughing. "We played a nice prank on them", the boss tells Smith. "Why did you prank them in the first place?", Smith asks. "Because I haven't seen them on their costumes for long", he replies. Smith on hearing this, immediately stops laughing. He covers his face in disappointment. He speaks to himself;"I really wonder how they'll be reacting right now." The boss keeps on chuckling.

The portal opens in front of the shop. The fighters hop out of it. They see there's no fire outbreak and become devastated. "Not again!", says Nick. Carlos looks up to the sky and shouts;"No!!!!" People passing by, become confused, wondering why he's shouting.