Chapter 10

Dahlia, alongside her friends, is in a restaurant. They're waiting for their orders as they chitchat. After some time, three waiters, two carrying two orders each and the other carrying just a one, come and serve them their long awaited orders. The clique thank the waiters and the waiters then go. "Finally!", Carlos exclaims and sighs as he starts eating his food hungrily. Others join him also.
"So, what was your birthday wish? Do you mind sharing?", Nick asked Dahlia. Carlos gives him a bad look trying to tell him he shouldn't have asked such question. "I do mind!", Dahlia answers. "Okay!", Nick continues with his food. They eat their foods quietly from then untill they all finished. They clean up their mouths and drink some water. A waiter goes to meet them. "Your money?", he asks them. Carlos brings out some cash and give him. They now leave the restaurant.
They're now walking in the streets. Dahlia sighs;"I wonder the day this city will be free from terror." "It's been a while I saw Jake", Amelia adds feeling sad. "I've never been so scared as this in my life", Carlos adds too. "But I have a question guys....", Nick interrupts them. The rest now stop walking. Nick walks ahead of them a bit and turns to them. "Why hasn't this affected our families yet?", Nick asks. Others think about this for a while. "Oh yeah!", Yanking exclaims. "Is there a thing we don't do or a place we don't go to that others are doing or going respectively?", Nick asks another. Everybody thinks but can't give an answer. "We need to find out what this is fast!", Nick tells them.
Dahlia checks her watch and sees the time is 9:30 pm. "We need to be fast. I gotta get home by 10", she tells her friends. They now stop their conversation and start walking with a greater pace without saying a word further.

Dahlia's standing, facing her parents, each holding a present. Dahlia's very happy seeing the two presents. She collects her Dad's own and opens it. She sees a brand new phone. She shouts happily. Her parents smile closing their ears because of Dahlia shouting loudly. Dahlia runs up to her Dad and hugs him. She now collects her Mum's own and goes to the dining table to open it. She opens her second present and sees a brand new pair of shoes, the one she has been asking for. "Mum! You finally bought these shoes?", she turns to her Mum weeping for joy. "I wanted to buy the shoes for you on your birthday", her Mum smiles at her. She runs and hugs her Mum. She now tells the Dad to join them in the hug. "You guys always give me the best hug ever. Thank you!", she hugs them more tightly. "Happy birthday Dahlia!", her Dad replies. "Same here from me!", Mum adds. They keep on hugging each other.

The fighters are in the C.A.N.D.Y house with their costumes on. They're in the main room. The boss tunes in to the local news. Everyone sees on TV that some dead bodies were found in the streets. The fighters including Smith get shocked. "And the funny stuff is that the dead bodies are recognized to be the ones of some of the then missing people", the boss adds to the news. "We need to and check on the bodies", Carlos suggests. "I hope others won't pass through this", Dahlia gets sad. Nick places his hand on Dahlia's shoulder as though he wants to say something but simply sighs as he has no words to say. The boss opens a portal and the fighters hop into it. "Good luck kids!" the boss tells them as the portal closes.

The spot where the bodies are is surrounded by the police. The police are investigating the bodies. Some are preventing the citizens from entering the investigation scene. Some people see loved ones, recognising them and start lamenting. A portal opens and the fighters hop into the place, in front of the investigation scene. "Let them in!", the Inspector instructs the police. They now enter. Carlos squats and looks at how the bodies are completely dry of blood. "How's this possible?", Nick asks feeling hell shocked. "Have you guys seen any useful information from this?", Amelia asks the Inspector. "No! But we all know these victims were sucked up completely of blood", Inspector replies. "Can we carry one body for some experiment?", Amelia asks. The Inspector thinks for a while;"Uhmmmmm .... No problem!" "We need bury these bodies so, be fast and send it back to us", he adds.
A mother from the crowds tries to enter the investigation scene in rage. The policemen stop her. "Leave me! I want to show the C.A.N.D.Y fighters how painful it's to lose a child. I must kill them!", she shouts. "We're trying our best ma'am", Yanking tells her. "Best my foot! If you guys were at your best, we'd have had no one missing for more than a day", she argues back. She now turns to the crowd;"These fighters are the cause of our misery. They ain't good, they're just here to rub salts on our wounds", she tells the crowd. "What the hell is this woman saying?", Inspector goes to confront her. Amelia stops him;"Forget that Sir! Let her keep talking."
The Inspector reluctantly stays calm. The woman keeps on dragging the fighters name to the mud. "They want you guys to love them for the petty things they do while they kill us one by one behind our backs", she continues. "They're demons!", she points at the fighters. The Inspector can't let the fighters be insulted anymore.
"That's enough!", he shouts at her. Silence reigns everywhere as he walks up to the woman. "I won't let you say anything further when I know very well, the good things they've done for all of us. They mean us on harm", he speaks to her with a sad voice. He now faces the crowd. "Don't let this woman poison your minds. I trust them and you should too. They're trying their very best to get to the bottom of this", he tells the crowd. "You guys will soon be out of terror, I promise you guys", he assures them. "For now, can you give us space and time, we'll soon be okay again", Carlos adds. The people start walking away gradually. The woman gives the fighters a bad look and joins the crowd.
"Thank you Sir!", Dahlia walks up to him. The Inspector smiles;"Anything for my heroes!" They all surround him to assure him. "We'll make this city a better place to live in", Carlos tells him. The rest speak in unison;"We promise!" The Inspector smiles and they hug each other. "I don't know why but I'm getting fond of you guys", he tells them. "We're already fond of you", Nick replies. The Inspector chuckles. Carlos now opens a portal and throws a body inside. The fighters now go to enter it and turn to wave at the Inspector. He waves back smiling. They now jump into it and it closes. "I trust you guys", the Inspector, in his mind.