Chapter 6

The whole city is in terror. People go to sleep and get missing the next day. Police are moving from house to house, interrogating and searching people and houses respectively. They can't get anything useful no matter how hard they try.

The heroes are in the C.A.N.D.Y house in a room discussing on what to do next. "They got my close friend, Jake", Amelia tells the others wearing a sad face. "Jason told me when I met him earlier in the morning", Yanking adds. "I understand his pain, the pain of losing a younger brother", Dahlia adds too. Nick tells them;"We need to find out something useful today." "Absolutely!", Carlos concurs. The boss walks up to the laptop and calls on them. "You guys should come over here!", he says. They run up to him and he shows them three pictures of three different people.
"There are three places I want you guys to investigate on. These guys rooms!", the boss tells them as he shows them the pictures again. "They lived alone before their disappearance. I want you guys to check their rooms without hindrance", the boss adds. Amelia remembers something;"Let's investigate on Jake's room also. Jason's probably at his workplace now." The boss thinks for a while with his fingers hitting the table gently. "I think you can also try there", he agrees. Amelia thanks him. Carlos opens a portal and they enter it together to start their investigation in the various rooms.

They hop into the first room. It looks so dirty and old-fashioned. They walk round the room to look for anything useful. Carlos opens the wardrobe and sees a human skeleton which falls on him suddenly. The rest but Yanking, go to carry up the skeleton and help  Carlos get up. Carlos dusts himself to and squats beside the skeleton. "You think this could be the man's skeleton?", Dahlia asks Carlos. Carlos still keeps on looking at it, not knowing what to say. "It can't be!", Nick answers. Others look at him waiting for an explanation. Nick's surprised to see confusion on his friends faces. He goes to the skeleton, squats down and taps on it. "This skeleton's damn dry. The person must have died a long time ago", he explains. Nick and Carlos stand up and begin talking to Amelia and Dahlia. Yanking's still searching the room on his own. He goes to an old looking box, trying to open it when he steps on an empty Yo-Milk bottle and falls down.
This attracts the rest. Nick goes to help him get up. Carlos and the girls go to meet them. "What happened bro?", Carlos asks. "It's this Yo-Milk bottle. It made me fall",Yanking points at it. Carlos turns back and looks at the skeleton. "Guys! Do you think this skeleton's gonna be a useful thing to us?", he asks his friends. They give him positive replies. Dahlia looks into the wardrobe again cautiously. She discovers a knife and picks it up. "Guys! Look what I found!", she gets their attention and shows them the knife. Others feel things are now making sense as they now see a rusting knife and a skeleton. "Hmm.... There are a knife and a human skeleton in the wardrobe! I think we should take both of them to the C.A.N.D.Y house",Yanking suggests. He creates a portal while the rest throw the items into it. It then closes. Carlos creates another portal and says;"Time to go to the next room! He enters it and others follow him.

The boss is talking with Smith. A portal opens and both the knife and the skeleton drop into the lab. Smith gets scared and hugs the boss tightly;"Oh My God!" He hugs the boss even tighter. He later turns, looks at the boss. He sees an angry and irritated face staring at him. He lets go of the boss immediately;"Sorry boss! Te boss dusts himself up and sighs. "The C.A.N.D.Y fighters must have sent these", he walks up to the items. He looks up after some seconds and speaks you himself;"Good luck kids!"

The C.A.N.D.Y fighters appear in the second room. They start investing immediately. The room's a tidy room with barely any furniture. The wardrobe's opened by Amelia and is discovered to contain only few clothing. As Carlos goes to check under the bed, he sees an empty Yo-Milk bottle and brings it out. "Is that only what you found?", Nick asks. "Yeah!", he replies. He gets up. "Under the bed's really empty", he adds.
"Has anyone found anything?", Carlos asks the remaining three. They give negative response. Carlos throws the empty Yo-Milk bottle." "I think there's nothing here", he concludes. "Let me do the honors", says Nick. He creates a portal and they all get in heading to the next room.

They appear in the next room which also looks beautiful and today like the previous one. The difference now is that this room has more furniture. The heroes investigate the room after admiring its beauty for a while. After a very long search, they still can't find anything that look useful. Nick's walking to go check behind the a mirror when he kicks an empty Yo-Milk bottle that was laying on the pictures. Nick gets confused and picks the empty bottle. He remembers when they found empty Yo-Milk in the three previous rooms they had checked. He opens a portal and jumps into it with the bottle.  It closes immediately. Others start wondering where he must have gone to. A portal opens again and Nick hops in with four empty Yo-Milk bottles. The rest get confused. "What are you gonna do with these bottles?", Carlos asks, scratching his head. "Have you guys noticed we're always seeing an empty bottle of Yo-Milk in any room we enter?", Nick's asks his friends.
They all start thinking for a while and remember too. "Oh! Yes!", Carlos nods his head as a sign of confirmation. "So you feel Yo-Milk has something to do with all these chaos?", Dahlia asks. Nick answers confidently;"I don't think seeing one empty bottle of Yo-Milk in every room is a mere coincidence." Nick tells Amelia;"Call Jason and ask him to tell you the last things he remembers Jake did before he got missing." "That's absurd! How will I do that?", Amelia replies, being surprised at what Nick told her to do. "Just try it! It could lead us to something useful",Nick insists. Amelia looks at others and they tell her to call Jason also. Amelia takes a deep breath, picks her phone up and dials Jason's number. She removes her mask in order for Jason to recognize her voice.
Jason's at his workplace when he receives the call. He sees it's Amelia's call and decides to pick up the call. "Hello Jason!", Amelia speaks first. "Is there any problem?", Jason wonders why Amelia called him. "Nothing really! I just wanted to ask if you....", Amelia thinks if she should continue. Jason's waiting curiously. Her friends convince her again to talk. "I want you to tell me what you remember Jake did last before his disappearance", she forces it out of her mouth. Jason gets confused;"Why you asking?" "I'd really like to know because the police are interrogating me right now", she lies. Jason becomes comfortable;"All I remember him did last was to go to straight to bed after he drank a bottle of Yo-Milk beside the kitchen." "He drank a bottle of Yo-Milk and went to bed?!", Amelia asks Jason but intends to attract her friends to herself. "Yes! He did!", Jason answers. "Thank you so much Jason!", she appreciates him. "No problem!", he responds. She now ends the call to talk to her friends.
"Jason told me Jake drank a bottle of Yo-Milk beside the kitchen. He then went straight to bed after that before his exit in the morning", Amelia explains to them. Nick exclaims;"Ahah!" He opens a portal, hops into it, appears beside Jason's kitchen, looks down and sees the empty Yo-Milk bottle and picks it up. He hops into the portal and appears to the room where his friends are. He picks up the remaining four bottles and turns to his friends. "I think we need to check these bottles out!", he suggests.

They're in the C.A.N.D.Y house lab. Nick gives the five bottles time Smith who now puts them in the "last used date analyser" one after the other. The machine tells them the bottles were used yesterday except the last one which it tells them it was used 2 days ago. Nick picks up the last bottle. "This is the one that was in the old man's room we investigated on yesterday that got missing two days ago after he must have made use of this particular bottle", Nick shows them the mark he made on the bottle. Nick points to the remaining four. He tells them;"These four unmarked ones were used yesterday by the people whose rooms we investigated on today." The boss walks to the four unmarked ones, sees they're unmarked and smiles. He turns to Nick and says;"You're really smart, Nick!" Nick smiles;"Thanks boss!"
"But I wonder what could be with these bottles that's the cause of these mysterious disappearances!", says the boss. He opens the five yogurt bottles and sees there are still some yogurt left in each of them. He takes all five of them to the "food detective" device. He places them without their caps and upright on the testing surface of the device. "Is there any unwanted or dangerous or strange chemical or substance in the yogurt?", he asks the device. The device reflects red light on them for a while and then stops. "There's no unwanted or dangerous or strange chemical or substance in the yogurt", the device replies. The boss picks them up and keeps them on the table. He strokes his beards;"I'm now really getting pissed off." "I don't think the Yo-Milk yogurt has anything to do with the mysterious disappearances after all", Dahlia speaks her mind. She looks tired and is giving up. The boss turns back to the bottles, staring at them curiously.